Connection between RPi 3 and VPS via mqtt

Aristi

Dec 20, 2017, 4:27:48 AM12/20/17
to MQTT
Hi all!

I'm working in a IoT proyect using MQTT. I have one Rpi which receives data from a DHT11 sensor, now I want to transport data to my VPS server, after that I need to show data in a graph. MQTT broker is in the VPS.
How can I communicate RPi and VPS? I have to create paho-mqtt publisher client in the RPi and paho-mqtt subscriber in the VPS? Can someone show me an example?

Than you for your time!

Dougie Lawson

Dec 20, 2017, 2:34:20 PM12/20/17
to mq...@googlegroups.com
What problem were you having with getting https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.python/tree/master/examples to run?

sudo pip install paho-mqtt && sudo pip3 install paho-mqtt gets everything you need to run that stuff.

Regards, Dougie

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---