Linking mosquitto libraries in Eclipse CDT project on Windows

Charles Smith

Jan 27, 2015, 6:04:07 AM1/27/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm having problems building a simple project using Eclipse Luna and MinGW.

I installed the MQTT broker on Windows 8.1 machine, and noticed that there was folder called mosquitto in Program Files(86).

Under that folder was another folder called devel.

I aim to build a project in C and use MQTT to publish messages.

I'm not sure which library files to link to.

Is it mosuitto.dll, devel/mosquitto.lib or both.

Setting up Eclipse to search for these files causes errors in that the libraries aren't found.

Has anyone tried to do something similar and succeeded.

Thanks for any help.

Roger Light

Feb 2, 2015, 4:10:03 PM2/2/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charles,

I presume you're using gcc with mingw. The .lib files provided are the
linker files as used by Visual Studio. I think you can generate the
linker files you need as described here:
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/msvc_and_mingw_dlls

Cheers,

Roger