mqtt client

kushal bhattacharya

Nov 27, 2016, 5:02:58 AM11/27/16
to MQTT
hi,
Sorry for making some idiot comments .Currently i have built mqtt client and broker .My main request to you guys is to please check out my mqtt client program by installnig it in your machine.Then u amy test it with any mqtt broker and accordingly give me your valuable feedbacks.Agaion i am ver sorry if i have done anything stupid.
Thanks,
Kushal

P.S the link for the mqtt client is https://github.com/kushal4/mqtt_client

Paul Fremantle

Nov 27, 2016, 6:13:49 AM11/27/16
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Kushal

Thanks for the contribution. It would be useful if your Github contribution had a license. As it stands, I won't be testing this code or looking at it as it has no clear license or copyright and therefore is not usable.

Best
Paul

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Paul Fremantle
Doctoral Researcher, University of Portsmouth, School of Computing
Visiting Scientist, Institute of the Architecture of Application Systems, Stuttgart
Visiting Lecturer, Software Engineering Programme, Oxford University
Co-Founder, WSO2
Apache Member and Committer
twitter: pzfreo / skype: paulfremantle / blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org

kushal bhattacharya

Nov 27, 2016, 7:08:51 AM11/27/16
to MQTT
hi paul,
The thing is i have made this client according to my employer .So,I just don't have any clue about how to get license on it or copyright it since this has not been on production purpose till now.U may say this is a public library .So, it would be great of ypu if you can spare some time install it in your linux machine or you may tell me how to get license of this library .
Thanks,
Kushal

Paul Fremantle

Nov 27, 2016, 7:38:59 AM11/27/16
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Kushal

The license is decided by you or more likely by your employer.

The point I'm making is that by putting code up with no copyright and no license, anyone who uses it could later be sued by your employer for copyright breach. You also may be breaking your employment terms by posting it if you have not been given explicit permission by your employer.

This is why I would always recommend users use libraries like Paho, where there is a clear copyright, license and the history of the code is known and verified.

Best
Paul

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

kushal bhattacharya

Nov 27, 2016, 7:46:24 AM11/27/16
to MQTT
Thanks a lot for making my view clear :) i will surely let my employer know about it.To be frank my employer told me to make a basic implementation of mqtt client.No feasible plans have not been discussed yet .So, i actually wanted some views regarding my implementations.This is the first time i am making any c++ project so i am not sure what are the  issues i may face when it is used in production .