mosquitto connect

bhashkar prakash singh

Mar 12, 2014, 2:44:18 AM3/12/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Kindly help on this.

In mosquitto_connect(), I am giving value of keepalive parameter to 6. So, after 6 seconds publisher and subscriber clients both are disconnected. it means connection to broker is very highly dependent to keepAlive parameter.
 How can a both publisher and subscriber clients always keep connected to broker until whole system goes down?
Is it I need to keep  value of keepalive very high? Does client always need to reconnect to broker once there is disconnection from broker?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bhashkar

Roger Light

Mar 12, 2014, 5:35:06 AM3/12/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bhashkar,

This list is for discussion of the MQTT protocol, not specific
implementations. You should have asked this on the mosquitto list over
at https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/mosquitto-dev

Having said that, you need to ensure that you call one of the
mosquitto_loop*() functions to keep network traffic flowing. This is
explained in the documentation.

Regards,

Roger