Upcoming MQTT 5 Features

Dominik Obermaier

Dec 11, 2017, 3:40:06 PM12/11/17
to mq...@googlegroups.com
All,

MQTT 5 will be released soon by the OASIS TC and many MQTT client
libraries (like Eclipse Paho) are currently looking into the addition of
MQTT 5 support. With the new protocol version a lot of things changed
and many new and exciting features will be included in the next protocol
generation.

While the specification itself [1] is an interesting and mandatory read
for people actually implementing MQTT, we found that not everyone likes
to dig into the nitty-gritty of the protocol. Here at HiveMQ we believe
that digestible small bites of complex topics are more fun to learn and
so we decided to dissect the MQTT 5 specification into a blog post
series that highlights one exciting new MQTT 5 feature, a key change, or
some fun trivia about the new generation of our favorite IoT protocol
per post.

We’re happy to announce the “MQTT 5 - Features and Hidden Gems”
Blog Post series that strives to discuss one aspect of the new MQTT
version each week. In case you’re interested in this kind of content,
the first introductory blog post can be found here:
https://www.hivemq.com/blog/mqtt-5-introduction-to-mqtt-5/

A sneak peek of the contents of the series can be found here:
https://www.hivemq.com/mqtt-5

Please let me know directly if there’s something you feel should be
covered in the series. And of course we’re more than happy to receive
any feedback whether this series is helpful for you or not.

All the best,
Dominik

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/mqtt/mqtt/v5.0/csprd02/mqtt-v5.0-csprd02.html