MQTT licence

Владимир Негодов

Apr 23, 2014, 10:55:04 AM4/23/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
I use mqtt protocol to communicate with the mobile application server. Do I need any license using mqtt protocol?

Nicholas O'Leary

Apr 23, 2014, 11:01:11 AM4/23/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

no you do not. The protocol has been published by IBM/Eurotech under a royalty-free license. This is described in the Copyright Notice of the spec [1]

Regards,
Nick

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Dave Locke

Apr 23, 2014, 11:50:49 AM4/23/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
The specification for and use of the MQTT protocol is open and royalty free. This has given rise to many implementations of MQTT clients and servers that implement the MQTT protocol.  This includes both open source and commercial.  If using one of these existing MQTT implementations then there will be a license associated with it.

All the best
Dave

--

To learn more about MQTT please visit