Login problems in safari?

Winnie Williams

Oct 11, 2013, 2:18:12 PM10/11/13
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone seen an issue where the are unable to log into their sites in safari, but can log into them in firefox/chrome.

I'm stumped. I uninstalled the three safari extensions I had, but I still can't log into any site I have in the safari browser. This started last night. I've updated, and rebooted to see if it fixed anything.

Any clues?

Winnie

Nicholas Ciske

Oct 11, 2013, 3:05:39 PM10/11/13
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Likely a cookie issue. Safari probably has a bad/corrupted login cookie, while other browsers do not.

Try emptying your cache and deleting any cookies for the problem domain(s).

Winnie Williams

Oct 11, 2013, 3:09:07 PM10/11/13
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
I think you were right.  I just got things working again.

I had cleared all cookies before I emailed, and that had not fixed it, even after quitting and restarting the browser, as well as macosx.

But after reading, I'd come to the same conclusion.  I used the reset safari option, but I had to do it twice and reboot macosx again, and THEN the logins worked.  I also quit and restarted google drive which was reporting that my cookies weren't turned on, but they were.  Some combo of that seems to be what worked.

Thanks.

Peter

Oct 11, 2013, 2:25:24 PM10/11/13
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
I dont have a mac but I would try logging in as another user.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you!
Thanks, Peter (612)234-2768 computersteroids.com

Winnie

Olivier Royo

Aug 22, 2014, 2:15:03 AM8/22/14
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Hi al I had the same issue, working on a mac,
The problem was:
Preferences/privacy,  cookies option block was set to: "always". Change it to "From third party and advisers"

it worked for me