wordpress remember me login feature

Beth

Dec 19, 2016, 2:47:15 PM12/19/16
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Hello,

A maintenance client (whose site was built by someone else) mentioned that the remember me feature on the wordpress login isn't working for her or her members who login to a member area. Several of them have mentioned that they would like to use that. I tried checking remember me also and my browser did not remember. It sounds like enough people have mentioned it that it may not be just that someone has unusual browser settings or has cookies deleted without realizing.

Does anyone have suggestions of how to troubleshoot that? Or whether it is even a good idea to use that feature? I see that there are plugins to address this but I have no experience with those.

Any ideas or info to share?

Other info:
the site uses Theme My Login but has only the redirect feature enabled.
the login form calls the wordpress login (by clicking the member center button at the top of the header)

Thanks!

Beth

Nick Ciske

Dec 19, 2016, 3:57:59 PM12/19/16
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
1. Check for plugin conflicts:
Deactivate all possible plugins: Did that solve the problem?

If it did, it's a plugin conflict — reactivate plugins one at a time until the problem returns. The last plugin activated is the culprit.

2. Check for theme conflicts:
With all plugins disabled, switch to a bundled theme (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014). Did that solve the problem?

If it did, your theme is causing the issue.

3. Check for an issue with your hosting — try it on a different server or local install — if it works there, something is funky with the server setup.