Fwd: [iOS] Firefox for iOS v5.0 localization

Peter Pin-Guang Chen

Jun 2, 2016, 12:06:21 AM6/2/16
to MozTW
As title,Firefox for iOS 5.0 開放翻譯了,

Peter

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: delphine <lebedel....@gmail.com>
Date: 2016-06-02 2:07 GMT+08:00
Subject: [iOS] Firefox for iOS v5.0 localization
To: dev-...@lists.mozilla.org

String freeze: May 31
Localization freeze:  June 28
Strings count: 89 new strings

Some of the main features in v5.0 are:
    - New menu
    - Custom home page
    - Improved Sync errors
    - Improved bookmarks management.

Note: we also tried a new thing, "translating" automatically some specific IDs that don't actually require translation.
For example (French): https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/firefoxios-l10n/commit/e6bfe410aacf6f92d7db6dd3038dc35805649163
Let us know if you spot any issue with this.

Testing
Automated screenshots for testing 5.0 features will be made available. To find your locale's screenshots, visit http://people.mozilla.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots/ . Nightly l10n builds
will soon be available here: https://people.mozilla.org/iosbuilds/l10n.html

Sign-offs for shipping locales
Our sign-off experiment last cycle was a success, so we'll be continuing to take the top repo commit on the day of l10n freeze this cycle for the release candidate build.
So on June 28th we'll ship the last commit of each locale that meets the following criteria:
- 100% complete translation with no remaining errors on the web dashboard, https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~flod/webstatus/?product=firefox-ios
- Have no visible l10n errors upon review of the locale's screenshots (e.g.,  significant truncation, text overflow, encoding, etc.) besides what may have already been reported to the iOS team to correct.

Sign-offs for new locales
We will continue to work through Bugzilla for processing new locale sign-offs. The criteria for shipping these locales will be the same as the criteria mentioned above.

Finding issues
If you find any issues and file bugs, please CC :flod and :delphine to them (there's no tracking bug at the moment).

As always, if you have any questions or comments, please let us know.
Thank you for your hard work on v5.0 iOS!

Cheers
Delphine

Peter Pin-Guang Chen (petercpg)
Chinese (Traditional) [zh-TW] Localization Project Coordinator
Mozilla Taiwan Community (MozTW) http://moztw.org