Webmaker for Android - Detailed Presentation

umesh agarwal

Jun 25, 2015, 2:35:45 AM6/25/15
to webm...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla Reps - General, community-india, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, Amira Dhalla, Michelle Thorne, Laura Hilliger, bo...@mozillafoundation.org
Hello Makers,

I hope you all are doing great!

Recently Mozilla launched its new "Webmaker for Android App".

You can download the app here - mzl.la/webmaker

The Webmaker is a tool to help smartphone users of any skill level read,
write and participate on the Web. The app makes creating original content
in your local language simple — you can drag, drop and personalize photos,
text and more to build unique projects like interactive scrapbooks, comic
strips, games and memes. While Webmaker is designed first and foremost to
be fun and easy-to-use, we’ve already seen the community leverage it in
very practical ways as well. Teachers can build lesson plans for their
students, students can create class projects, and communities can launch a
platform for sharing local happenings. [Read More]
<https://blog.webmaker.org/webmaker-for-android-now-available-in-the-google-play-store>

I am using it and found it very cool for learning and teaching.

As you know Maker Party 2015 is less than three weeks away! The party
starts on July 15 and runs to July 31. Each day, makers, mentors, and
learners across the world will celebrate making and teaching by running
events to create awesome things on the open Web.

So to help makers and mentors to teach and learn about "Webmaker for
Android App" I have created a detailed presentation.

"Webmaker for Android App" Presentation: http://bit.ly/1QPZQs3

Your feedback is essential in order to improve this presentation.

P.S. I have created a discussion topic on Discourse. [Go to Discourse]
<https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/webmaker-for-android-detailed-presentation/2450>

Thank You
Regards
Umesh Agarwal
Mozilla Reps Mentor

cliff argwings

Jun 25, 2015, 2:45:46 AM6/25/15
to umesh agarwal, community-india, Michelle Thorne, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, bo...@mozillafoundation.org, Mozilla Reps - General, Laura Hilliger, Amira Dhalla, webm...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks for the heads up Umesh!

Quite helpful!

//Cliff Argwings

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 9:35 AM, umesh agarwal <umesh.a...@gmail.com>

Kumar Rishav

Jun 25, 2015, 3:08:37 AM6/25/15
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, community-india, Amira Dhalla, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, bo...@mozillafoundation.org, Laura Hilliger, Michelle Thorne, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal
Hi,
While signing up I came across a issue.
Actually my email I'd was already registered. So I opt to reset password.
To reset password, I need to give username. But people hardly remember
username instead it should be email I'd which everyone remember always.

What are your views on this? Accordingly I will file bug for this.

Thanks

Dietrich Ayala

Jun 25, 2015, 3:12:45 AM6/25/15
to Kumar Rishav, Mozilla Reps - General, Andrew Sliwinski, community-india, Michelle Thorne, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, bo...@mozillafoundation.org, Laura Hilliger, Amira Dhalla, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal
Andrew can tell where to report bugs!

umesh agarwal

Jun 25, 2015, 11:10:23 AM6/25/15
to Kumar Rishav, community-india, Michelle Thorne, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, bo...@mozillafoundation.org, Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Laura Hilliger, Amira Dhalla, webm...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Rishav,

Even I faced the same problem. Better file a bug to add an email Id option
with username.

Andrew Sliwinski

Jun 25, 2015, 12:06:43 PM6/25/15
to Dietrich Ayala, community-india, Amira Dhalla, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, bo...@mozillafoundation.org, Kumar Rishav, Mozilla Reps - General, Laura Hilliger, Michelle Thorne, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal
Absolutely! Thanks for the note Kumar. You can file bugs on Github at:

https://github.com/mozilla/webmaker-android

Thanks!

- Andrew

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 12:12 AM, Dietrich Ayala <auto...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Andrew can tell where to report bugs!

david ascher

Jun 25, 2015, 12:35:08 PM6/25/15
to Dietrich Ayala, Kumar Rishav, Mozilla Reps - General, Andrew Sliwinski, community-india, Amira Dhalla, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, bo...@mozillafoundation.org, Laura Hilliger, Michelle Thorne, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal

github.com/mozilla/webmaker-android/issues
--
Sent Using Firefox OS

Kumar Rishav

Jun 25, 2015, 12:48:59 PM6/25/15
to david ascher, community-india, Amira Dhalla, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, bo...@mozillafoundation.org, Dietrich Ayala, Andrew Sliwinski, Mozilla Reps - General, Laura Hilliger, Michelle Thorne, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal

Kumar Rishav

Jun 25, 2015, 1:01:49 PM6/25/15
to david ascher, community-india, Amira Dhalla, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, Bobby Richter, Dietrich Ayala, Mozilla Reps - General, Andrew Sliwinski, Michelle Thorne, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal

Kumar Rishav

Jun 25, 2015, 1:58:40 PM6/25/15
to david ascher, community-india, Amira Dhalla, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, Bobby Richter, Dietrich Ayala, Mozilla Reps - General, Andrew Sliwinski, Michelle Thorne, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal
Seems this issue is already in discussion
https://github.com/mozilla/id.webmaker.org/issues/281

Santosh Viswanatham

Jun 25, 2015, 5:15:51 PM6/25/15
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, community-india, Amira Dhalla, david ascher, Bobby Richter, Dietrich Ayala, Andrew Sliwinski, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, Michelle Thorne, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal
Hi,

I faced the same issue while logging in and found the solution. Generally
we used to use persona to login into webmaker account where we never
concentrated much on setting up the user name and password.So even though
you remember your username your password doesnt work because you never set
it before. So login into webmaker account and note your username and then
click on forgot password on webmaker app and set up with your password from
the link you get into the mail. Try to login again with the new password.It
works!

Cheers,

Santosh Viswanatham
Mozilla Rep,VP of Tech-FSA Team, Mozilla
m +91-888-5430199 a Hyderabad,India
s http://about.me/viswanathamsantosh e viswanath...@gmail.com
<https://www.facebook.com/santoshviswanatham>
<https://twitter.com/santoshv225>
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/santosh-viswanatham/62/235/287>

Kumar Rishav

Jun 26, 2015, 1:51:19 AM6/26/15
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, community-india, Amira Dhalla, david ascher, Bobby Richter, Dietrich Ayala, Andrew Sliwinski, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, Michelle Thorne, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal
Yeah, that's is one of the solution. Thanks for that.
But UX wise it's not. User won't prefer to do this . Solution should be
simple and at one click.
What about user who never used webmaker or don't know about this type of
solution.
As this app is also in play store now , we should find a solution where
users don't have to take much pain.

Cheers
On 26 Jun 2015 02:45, "Santosh Viswanatham" <viswanath...@gmail.com>

Andrew Sliwinski

Jun 26, 2015, 10:15:03 AM6/26/15
to Kumar Rishav, community-india, Amira Dhalla, david ascher, Bobby Richter, Dietrich Ayala, Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, Michelle Thorne, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, umesh agarwal
Agreed! Thanks for pointing this out.

New users won’t be exposed to this either here or through webmaker.org, but for existing users and even staff this certainly is far from an ideal flow. I think we’ll be able to get this handled in the next release (next few weeks). Many thanks!

- Andrew

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Kumar Rishav <rish...@gmail.com>