Appmaker not working?

Chris Mills

May 19, 2015, 6:48:21 AM5/19/15
to Mozilla Webmaker list
Is it just me, or is Appmaker not working at the moment?

I’ve just tested it in Firefox stable and Nightly for Mac, and the controls to add the bricks don’t seem to appear.

It seems to work ok in Chrome...

Chris Mills
Senior tech writer || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

Bobby Richter

May 19, 2015, 11:23:58 AM5/19/15
to Chris Mills, Mozilla Webmaker list
Hey Chris,

It's working alright for me. There's a pause when it starts up, but it
works after everything's loaded.

Are you getting an error in your console?

Bobby Richter
Producer, Mozilla Foundation
t/i/s/g: secretrobotron
ᕕ( ᐛ)ᕗ

Chris Mills

May 19, 2015, 12:51:38 PM5/19/15
to Bobby Richter, Mozilla Webmaker list

> On 19 May 2015, at 16:23, Bobby Richter <bo...@mozillafoundation.org> wrote:
>
> Hey Chris,
>
> It's working alright for me. There's a pause when it starts up, but it works after everything's loaded.
>
> Are you getting an error in your console?

No - just a couple of warnings that certainly shouldn’t cause such non-functionality, related to certificates and sync XHR on main thread being deprecated.

Amira Dhalla

May 19, 2015, 7:40:42 PM5/19/15
to Chris Mills, Mozilla Webmaker list, Bobby Richter
Hey Chris!

Thanks for letting us know about Appmaker - we've had a bunch of users
email or message into our channels this week to let us know it's been down
and buggy. The good news is that the product team is working on building
the new Webmaker app that will launch in just a couple of months so a much
more updated version is being released soon and this old one will be
outdated.

Not sure if others are having problems loading the page but here's a
workaround that has proven to work for others:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1062528#answer-729887

Amira

Amira Dhalla

Twitter/IRC: @amirad <https://twitter.com/amirad> | Help us #teachtheweb
<https://teach.mozilla.org>!

Chris Mills

May 20, 2015, 6:20:54 AM5/20/15
to Amira Dhalla, Mozilla Webmaker list, Bobby Richter
Hi Amira,

This doesn’t help my situation, but thanks anyway - I really appreciate you taking the time to try to help.

Also thanks for the update about the new app. I was including the information in a presentation I am doing later this week, and will mention the update to get some excitement going.

Best,