Looking for community members to help make featured Webmaker app content

Bobby Richter

Feb 20, 2015, 1:56:26 PM2/20/15
to webm...@lists.mozilla.org, reps-g...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello all!

Over the past few months, we've been working hard on a new mobile tool
called Webmaker App, which is designed for creating web content
(pages/apps) on mobile devices, for mobile devices.

Now, we're looking for help from the community to create content and
explore the features of the app. Our hope is that volunteers will try it
out, create something fun or useful, and let us share it with the wider
public.

Let me know if you're interested! If you are, send me an email (no need to
reply-all), and we can talk about how to get you involved.

Thanks a lot!

--
Bobby Richter
Producer, Mozilla Foundation

Mario Behling

Feb 24, 2015, 2:21:26 PM2/24/15
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Hong Phuc Dang, webm...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Bobby,

it would be great, if we could provide data of FOSSASIA (http://fossasia.org)
and create an app. We are working on an Android app already here:
https://github.com/fossasia/fossasia-companion-android

The discussion how we import data into the app:
https://github.com/fossasia/fossasia-companion-android/issues/3

The idea is to import data from a spreadsheet that generates a JSON for the
app, e.g.:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13O8ysuMtDGU69JnyZ6yDbzajGQJuDeoLv1zZW94ELXk/gviz/tq?pli=1

Would that suit your idea of content?

Cheers,

Mario

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Bobby Richter <bo...@mozillafoundation.org>

Lawrence Kisuuki

Feb 25, 2015, 7:02:48 AM2/25/15
to Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Hong Phuc Dang, Mozilla Webmaker list
Could there be a template for creating a community webmaker app? Something
that shows and sends event reminders, updates, info, etc

*Regards,*

*Lawrence*
*Lead MozFestEA*

Bobby Richter

Feb 25, 2015, 8:57:54 AM2/25/15
to Lawrence Kisuuki, Hong Phuc Dang, Mozilla Reps - General Discussion mailing list, Mozilla Webmaker list
That would be a great featured app to have! Are you able to craft one?