Web Literacy Mapper

1 view

Jeremie Patonnier

Mar 16, 2015, 1:58:25 PM3/16/15
to Doug Belshaw, Mozilla Webmaker list, David Ascher, Alicia Spivak
Hello Doug and WebMaker folks

I'm wondering what will be the future of:
http://weblitmapper.webmakerprototypes.org

I found it's a great project to get a good curated source of third party
learning ressources. I wish to use it as a source of information for MDN
and I wonder how reliable it is? As per the GitHub repository [1], this
project hasn't been updated since May 2014 (almost a year) which make me
think it will not survive for long.

- Is the experiment conclusive or not?
- Is there plan to make it a more stable and reliable product?
- Is there plan to engage more people to contribute to its content or
its code base?

[1] https://github.com/toolness/weblitmapper

Best,
--
Jeremie
Web : http://jeremie.patonnier.net

Doug Belshaw

Mar 17, 2015, 6:52:31 AM3/17/15
to Jeremie Patonnier, Mozilla Webmaker list, David Ascher, Alicia Spivak
Hi Jeremie,

I think the WebLitMapper would be a great addition to the upcoming
teach.webmaker.org site. However, AFAIK there's no plans to do so.

Ultimately, the decision lies with senior management, but it would be
interesting to hear from the Webmaker list as to how valuable/useful
they've found it.

-----
Doug Belshaw
Web Literacy Lead