Community Call and Javascript Basics module

Mick Clearerchannel

Jun 1, 2015, 6:42:22 PM6/1/15
to webm...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi there,

I'm off to a wee conference on community education at the Manchester Met
Uni tomorrow and hoping to meet up with some of the people doing the
Hive work there.

I'm going to try to make it back in time for the community call but if I
don't I've had a good go at putting some of the suggestions from the
last call into practice here.
http://mickfuzz.github.io/webmaker-curriculum/QuackingJavascript/

Thanks to Laura for making a list of them here.
https://github.com/mozilla/learning-networks/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is:open%20%5BJS%20Module%5D

The approach I've taken is to add it all in rather than take away at the
moment, so there issues like the timing will be out.
I figured this is a good approach while inviting testing of the
different activities. And maybe this approach could carry over, as it
seems to suit the ethos of webclubs, by offering a learning smorgasbord
of activities for facilitators to adapt to their particular audience.

There is a discussion thread on testing these activities here -
http://discourse.webmaker.org/t/quacking-javascript-discussion-thread-for-this-intro-to-javascript-course/1420/3

Or feel free to put your suggestion in as a git hub issue here.
https://github.com/mozilla/learning-networks/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is:open%20[JS%20Module]

nice one
Mick

--