Openki - CoursePlatform

urban

Apr 18, 2015, 5:41:44 AM4/18/15
to webm...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi webmakers!

We are working on a WebPlatform that helps organizing local (offline)
courses: Everybody can propose topics and apply in different roles, such
as host, mentor, or participant.
It's Similar to Meetup but free software, specialized on
workshops/learning and with the additional ability to document courses.
we start testing in 2-3 month.

If you think it's interesting, everybody is welcome to help and
cooperate. we need more people coding, propagating, testing, feedback etc.

The Project is called Openki. It's written in Meteor.js (node.js)

You'll find the source on github: https://github.com/schuel/hmmm
a testpage on: http://test.openki.net?region=Englistan
and a detailed project description on: http://openki.net

Have fun

Greethings from Zurich
Urban

and By the way: if anybody knows who to ask at Mozilla for partnership?
please let me know.

urban

Apr 24, 2015, 6:05:45 AM4/24/15
to webm...@lists.mozilla.org
any feedback? :)

Laura Hilliger

Apr 24, 2015, 10:27:49 AM4/24/15
to urban, webm...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Urban!

Actually I took a look at your platform the other day and filed this issue <https://github.com/mozilla/teach.webmaker.org/issues/725> as a result. The project is interesting and there are features and ideas that would be useful to think about and scope for when we start investigating local organizing platforms.

At the moment, we’re building community, support and infrastructure around our Mozilla Web Clubs initiative <https://teach.mozilla.org/clubs/> (more info on the wiki <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Webmaker/2015/Mentors/Clubs>) and are preparing for a more serious reflection on what our community needs or wants for organizing hyperlocal activity. This thinking is scoped to begin later this year.

Please do let the list know when you’re ready for testing!

Best,
Laura

<https://webmaker.org/> Laura Hilliger
Training & Educational Lead