Webliteracy- Teaching Computers, Internet and Webmaking

Sujith Reddy

Jun 24, 2014, 7:59:29 AM6/24/14
to Mozilla Webmaker list, cbt-ed...@lists.mozilla.org, Harsha Vardhan
Hi everyone,

We ( A group of Mozillians ) in Hyderabad, India have decided to look into
the Government aided schools where Computer Education was away for a while.
Decided to chain up events to educate the kids about Computers and Internet.

As an initiative, we had done one today. I had written a blogpost, very
quick: http://meandmozilla.blogspot.in/2014/06/webliteracy-hyderabad.html

If you love pics, we have a dozen dozens of them here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/93843975@N03/sets/72157645381450673/

--
Thanks,
Sujith!

*Mozilla Reps- India* <https://reps.mozilla.org/u/Sujith/>
Twitter: @SujithReddyM <http://twitter.com/SujithReddyM>

Get Involved with Mozilla! Give a hi5 to us!
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/

David Humphrey

Jun 24, 2014, 8:40:26 AM6/24/14
to Sujith Reddy, Mozilla Webmaker list, cbt-ed...@lists.mozilla.org, Harsha Vardhan
On 14-06-24 7:59 AM, Sujith Reddy wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We ( A group of Mozillians ) in Hyderabad, India have decided to look into
> the Government aided schools where Computer Education was away for a while.
> Decided to chain up events to educate the kids about Computers and Internet.
>
> As an initiative, we had done one today. I had written a blogpost, very
> quick: http://meandmozilla.blogspot.in/2014/06/webliteracy-hyderabad.html
>
> If you love pics, we have a dozen dozens of them here:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/93843975@N03/sets/72157645381450673/

This is fantastic, I love the pictures. Great work, and thanks for
documenting it so well. It's impressive to see what you've done.

Dave

Sujith Reddy

Jul 1, 2014, 7:10:39 AM7/1/14
to Mozilla Webmaker list, cbt-ed...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi again,

Following up with the Webmaking and WebLit events at Hyderabad, here's one
more: http://meandmozilla.blogspot.in/2014/07/webliteracy-hyderabad-2.html

This time, when we taught about the Internet to kids and demoed them how to
use search engines, there's this kid who wanted to know why would an egg
float in the salt water followed by How would an airplane fly! Another kid
started writing his assignments when we left him with the laptop for a
couple of minutes.
Just a few among my experiences :)

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Sujith Reddy <suj...@mozillaindia.org>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We ( A group of Mozillians ) in Hyderabad, India have decided to look into
> the Government aided schools where Computer Education was away for a while.
> Decided to chain up events to educate the kids about Computers and Internet.
>
> As an initiative, we had done one today. I had written a blogpost, very
> quick: http://meandmozilla.blogspot.in/2014/06/webliteracy-hyderabad.html
>
> If you love pics, we have a dozen dozens of them here:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/93843975@N03/sets/72157645381450673/
>

> --
> Thanks,
> Sujith!
>
> *Mozilla Reps- India* <https://reps.mozilla.org/u/Sujith/>
> Twitter: @SujithReddyM <http://twitter.com/SujithReddyM>
>
> Get Involved with Mozilla! Give a hi5 to us!
> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/

Jennie Rose Halperin

Jul 1, 2014, 7:36:28 AM7/1/14
to Sujith Reddy, Mozilla Webmaker list, cbt-ed...@lists.mozilla.org