Might Be a Bug!!!

SAI CHARAN REDDY P

Apr 18, 2015, 3:04:02 PM4/18/15
to webmaker@lists.mozilla.org list, Lucy Harris, Amira Dhalla, g...@mozilla.com, Laura Hilliger, Faisal Aziz, Vineel R. Pindi
Hello Guys,

During our Mozilla Hyderabad Annual Community Meetup, in the Webmaker
session I was asked with a good question!!!

While demoing all the Webmaker tools and was in my second tool i.e Thimble,
I showed them What it does and demoed with a small Webpage. I saved and
open that make in a new tab using the link which generated I saved and
later even showed them how to "Remix" the page.

*Question: *Can we even Remix the page using our first tool i.e "X-ray
Goggles"??

This Awesome question was asked for the first time during my events, I
tried it but "Failed" to remix the make using "X-Ray Goggles". It didn't
work.

So I thought to get this to your notice!!!!

--

*Regards,*

*Sai Charan Reddy,*

*Webmaker mentor.*
*Mozilla.*

Akshay S Dinesh

Apr 18, 2015, 3:46:21 PM4/18/15
to SAI CHARAN REDDY P, Lucy Harris, Amira Dhalla, g...@mozilla.com, Laura Hilliger, Faisal Aziz, Vineel R. Pindi, webmaker@lists.mozilla.org list
In the console I get this error while loading
https://mozilla.makes.org/thimble/LTU0NzIyNTM0NA==/lights-on-afterschool-webmaker-challenge
Content Security Policy: The page's settings blocked the loading of a
resource at https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js ("script-src
https://mozilla.makes.org 'unsafe-eval' 'unsafe-inline'
https://ssl.google-analytics.com https://*.newrelic.com http://*.
newrelic.com https://cdn.optimizely.com").

On running the X-ray goggles
Content Security Policy: The page's settings blocked the loading of a
resource at https://goggles.webmaker.org/en-US/webxray.js ("script-src
https://mozilla.makes.org 'unsafe-eval' 'unsafe-inline'
https://ssl.google-analytics.com https://*.newrelic.com http://*.
newrelic.com https://cdn.optimizely.com")

I guess there is some kind of restriction on what scripts can run on
makes.org website?

An obvious workaround to make the makes x-ray-able is to open the frame in
a new tab and load x-ray on that.