Community Literacies #3: Notebook hacks, photo tools and whole children

Kat Braybrooke

Jul 3, 2014, 3:07:09 PM7/3/14
to webmaker@lists.mozilla.org list, Alan Levine, Chad Sansing, all-...@mozilla.com, Jeannie Crowley
Hello all,

Hot off the press for today's coffee break, here is the third issue of
*Community
Literacies*, a new series that features Webmaker’s finest teaching kits and
learning tools, and the user stories that bring them to life.

http://mzl.la/1xni9rb

In this issue, we explore community-made curriculum that mixes together
creative practices rooted in the physical world — from circuit-building to
photography — with digitized processes of collaboration, co-design and
attribution on the web.

* We'll start by exploring a set of hands-on activities built for Hack Your
Notebook Day by *Chad Sansing, Jen Dick and David Cole*.
* We’ll speak to *Alan “Cogdog” Levine* about his work creating a Thimble
tool that helps users understand complex image searches and attributions.
* Then we’ll end our time together by chatting with *Jeannie Crowley* about
teaching the whole child on paper, even the digital bits.

Please join us in directing e-hugs and food fountain gifs
http://bit.ly/1xniZEj to this issue's featured webmakers for their hard
work, creativity and inspiration...

Have a story you want us to share in the next issue? Get in touch!

Kat Braybrooke, Mozilla
Curation + Codesign Lead
Twitter + IRC @codekat
Timezone: PST / Vancouver

Amira Dhalla

Jul 3, 2014, 4:08:30 PM7/3/14
to Kat Braybrooke, all-...@mozilla.com, Alan Levine, Jeannie Crowley, webmaker@lists.mozilla.org list, Chad Sansing
This looks AWESOME! Great job to all involved. Can't wait to dig into some of these activities.

Amira