Bugzilla product for Localization Infrastructure & Tools

Axel Hecht

Aug 28, 2014, 10:28:59 AM8/28/14
to mozilla-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

I think we should move the "Mozilla Localization" / Infrastructure
component into a product, Localization Infrastructure & Tools.

It's current description is

Infrastructure for Mozilla Localizations. An example of appropriate bug
would be feature requests to understand the status of localizations,
both from a localizer and organizational perspective. Bugs in this
component likely depend on actual implementations in other components,
for example build or webdev.

and its buglist
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?product=Mozilla%20Localizations&component=Infrastructure&resolution=---
spans compare-locales, silme, automation, plus misc stuff.

I think it'd be great to have a dedicated product for this, and
components for the sections above.

Thoughts?

Axel

Staś Małolepszy

Aug 28, 2014, 10:41:06 AM8/28/14
to Axel Hecht, mozilla-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Quoting Axel Hecht (2014-08-28 16:28:59)
> I think it'd be great to have a dedicated product for this, and
> components for the sections above.
>
> Thoughts?

YES. Yes please.

-stas

--
@stas

Jeff Beatty

Aug 28, 2014, 3:23:27 PM8/28/14
to Axel Hecht, mozilla-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Yes please. I think this is a great move.
El 8/28/14 8:28 AM, Axel Hecht escribi�:
> Hi,
>
> I think we should move the "Mozilla Localization" / Infrastructure
> component into a product, Localization Infrastructure & Tools.
>
> It's current description is
>
> Infrastructure for Mozilla Localizations. An example of appropriate
> bug would be feature requests to understand the status of
> localizations, both from a localizer and organizational perspective.
> Bugs in this component likely depend on actual implementations in
> other components, for example build or webdev.
>
> and its buglist
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?product=Mozilla%20Localizations&component=Infrastructure&resolution=---
> spans compare-locales, silme, automation, plus misc stuff.
>
> I think it'd be great to have a dedicated product for this, and
> components for the sections above.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Axel

*Jeff Beatty*
Localization Engineer
@mozilla_l10n <http://twitter.com/mozilla_l10n>
801.367.3763

Gordon P. Hemsley

Sep 5, 2014, 10:32:02 PM9/5/14
to Axel Hecht, mozilla-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Needless to say, I also support this proposal.

--
Gordon P. Hemsley
http://gphemsley.org/

Gordon P. Hemsley

Sep 5, 2014, 10:32:02 PM9/5/14
to Axel Hecht, mozilla-t...@lists.mozilla.org

Axel Hecht

Oct 2, 2014, 9:12:11 AM10/2/14
to mozilla-t...@lists.mozilla.org
I've drafted an initial bug comment to file this.

To avoid a confusing bikeshed in the bug, let's discuss details here
first, or on https://l10n.etherpad.mozilla.org/bmo-product-infrastructure

Axel

Abhit Kumar

Oct 2, 2014, 7:03:23 PM10/2/14
to mozilla-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey Axel !
do you really think it is necessary because i simply don't see any reason to move in product section!!

Axel Hecht

Oct 3, 2014, 6:29:51 AM10/3/14
On 10/3/14 1:03 AM, Abhit Kumar wrote:
> Hey Axel !
> do you really think it is necessary because i simply don't see any reason to move in product section!!

Yes, I do. It makes it much easier to keep track of where the individual
libraries and tools stand, what's done and what can be done.

Axel