Feedback and testing for generated en-US repo

Axel Hecht

Jul 10, 2017, 12:37:26 PM7/10/17
to mozilla-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

I've made an interesting milestone on the work for cross-channel,

https://hg.mozilla.org/users/axel_mozilla.com/en-US/

This is a one-off repository converted from recent versions of m-c and
c-c, for all of Firefox, Firefox for Android, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey.

I'm looking for feedback from folks interested in the more technical
aspects, and folks giving it a try.

The configuration files for Firefox etc are being rewritten
automagically, and are written to _configs, notably,
_configs/browser.toml is Firefox, _configs/mobile-android.toml is
Android, etc.

Thanks for testing

Axel

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

Jul 17, 2017, 6:51:38 AM7/17/17
to tools...@lists.mozilla.org
I did a quick check on the repository:
* Run compare-locales for Firefox and Fennec.
* Checked the blame for a couple of files.
* Checked an edge case (string that changed in m-c without new ID, and
still hasn't been fixed).
* Extracted strings for Tranvision and compared the output with the one
generated from m-c.

Can't spot anything wrong with any of these steps.

Having said that, I think the safest way for me to test it would be to
use this repository for my daily localization, but that would require
keeping the repository constantly up to date with mozilla-central, and
I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Francesco