Formal grammar of L20n

Ricardo Palomares Martínez

Aug 12, 2016, 2:49:15 PM8/12/16
to tools...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Back in the early versions of L20n, I remember having seen a BNF doc
with the L20n grammar. Now, after the syntax revamp, I can't find
anything closer. Since I would need to implement a parser in Java for
L20n, I need a reference doc of the grammar.

TIA

--
Proyecto NAVE - http://www.proyectonave.es/
Mozilla Localization Project, es-ES Team

Staś Małolepszy

Aug 18, 2016, 6:28:52 AM8/18/16
to Ricardo Palomares Martínez, tools...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Ricardo --

There's https://github.com/stasm/l20n-syntax-experiments/blob/master/ftl/grammar.ebnf
which I wrote back when we were redesigning the syntax. I have never
used it to generate a parser though. It might need some more work.
I'll be happy to improve it if you find and report issues with it!

Thanks,
Staś

Staś Małolepszy

Aug 19, 2016, 9:12:26 AM8/19/16
to Ricardo Palomares Martínez, tools...@lists.mozilla.org
After a few updates from Joonas Koivunen the EBNF now lives at:

https://github.com/l20n/spec/blob/master/grammar.ebnf

Ricardo Palomares Martínez

Aug 20, 2016, 7:51:24 AM8/20/16
to tools...@lists.mozilla.org
El 19/08/16 a las 15:11, Staś Małolepszy escribió:
> After a few updates from Joonas Koivunen the EBNF now lives at:
>
> https://github.com/l20n/spec/blob/master/grammar.ebnf

Thank you, that's great! I'll probably start over with a previous try
of L20n for Java that Antoine Rux did:

https://github.com/RickieES/l20n-java

Is is based in the previous L20n syntax, and it was incomplete, but is
probably a valid "template".

Thanks again.