L20n.js v3.x is now master

Staś Małolepszy

Jul 13, 2015, 9:43:48 AM7/13/15
to tools...@lists.mozilla.org
Today I branched v2.x and I merged v3.x into the master branch of the
l20n.js repository.

Going forward, I suggest that we develop on master and make frequent
releases off of the v3.x branch by merging master into it. The current
release is v3.0.0-pre1. I will tag 3.0.0 final when we migrate our first
Gaia app to l20n.js.

As many Gaia apps still use it, v2.x will still be supported but will not
see new features landing on it. v1.x will be end-of-lifed when master has
the desired support for the L20n syntax (it only supports a subset now).

I would also like to get rid of the l20n/builds repository and instead use
the dist/ folder on release branches. Note that the dist/ folder is
git-ignored on master to reduce the noise in individual commit diffs.

I re-registered the l20n package on bower to point to the l20n.js repo.
The registry hasn't updated its cache yet, it seems.

Please remove builds/dist in your local clones the next time you pull from
upstream. For simplicity and consistency across all release branches I
moved builds/dist into the top-level dist/.

Next step: update the README and docs/{html,api} and document the current
scope of the support for the L20n syntax.

Thanks,
-stas

Staś Małolepszy

Jul 14, 2015, 5:45:10 AM7/14/15
to tools...@lists.mozilla.org
On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Staś Małolepszy <st...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I re-registered the l20n package on bower to point to the l20n.js repo.
> The registry hasn't updated its cache yet, it seems.

Doh, it was my local cache ;) You can now install the dist versions of
l20n with bower:

bower install l20n // --> the latest stable version which today is v2.0.3
bower install l20n#v3.x // -> the latest v3.x version
bower install l20n#3.0.0-pre2 // --> the specific prerelease tag