HTML email enabled by default on bugzilla.mozilla.org

dlaw...@mozilla.com

Dec 15, 2016, 12:02:16 AM12/15/16
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Earlier today, the BMO Team enabled HTML email by default on bugzilla.mozilla.org. BMO has had support for HTML email content for a long time now and originally we had it off by default in order to work out any remaining issues still lingering with proper display of bug changes, etc. We have not had any significant issues in quite a while so changing the default now seemed like a good time.

For those who have had HTML formatting enabled in their user preferences before today already will notice no difference. Anyone who did not change from the system default (text) before today, will notice their BMO related email will look different. If you prefer the basic text version of the content, never fear, you can change it back to text only from your BMO preferences page. Note, the HTML version also contains a text version in the multipart email so you could also just set your email client to display the text part instead.

To set it to text in your preferences:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=settings#email_format_row

Let us know if you see any issues or have ideas for improvement.

Thanks
BMO Team