BMO Version Upgrade Testing and Feedback Needed by April 25th, 2016

1 view

dlaw...@mozilla.com

Apr 11, 2016, 10:58:59 PM4/11/16
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Greetings,

The Mozilla Bugzilla Team (B-Team) is happy to announce the test release of the next version of bugzilla.mozilla.org (BMO) based on the upstream Bugzilla code base. Although we have backported a lot of cool stuff over the years from upstream, it is still beneficial for Mozilla to run a more modern version of Bugzilla. This will allow for easier porting of new features to the BMO code base, as well as allowing upstream to use some BMO customizations.

We are hoping to have the upgrade completed by April 25, 2016. Please let us know if that date will have any negative impact on development schedules.

Please test drive at https://bugzilla-merge.allizom.org.

The main areas of focus for our test releases are stability, performance, and reliability. Functionality that currently works in our code base installed at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org should continue to work as expected in the new version. Please let us know of any customizations that may be missing as well. There are also numerous new features/fixes that are part of the upstream code base, such as Markdown support in comments and better HTML5 support, to name a couple.

Also, please test your various scripts and third-party applications, such as dashboards, that use the XMLRPC/JSON/REST APIs with the test server to make sure they continue to function properly.

The database is a sanitized snapshot of the live database so should be useful for testing to make sure the information is displayed properly and changeable. Please ping someone in #bteam IRC channel to set your password as passwords have been removed.

Also note, email has been disabled so that unnecessary spam is not sent out. So feel free to make changes to bugs to verify proper working order.

We are asking for anyone who has a few spare minutes to get involved and provide testing and feedback.

Please file bug reports in the production BMO system at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=mozilla.org&version=development

Thanks,
The Mozilla Bugzilla Team
https://wiki.mozilla.org/BMO

Lawrence Mandel

Apr 11, 2016, 11:09:44 PM4/11/16
to Lawrence, Dave, mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org, release-mgmt
Note that the next Firefox release is scheduled for Apr 26. If this update
requires a Bugzilla outage at any point in the days leading up to the
release, I think it is preferable to push the update until after the
release.

Lawrence