Updates to Bug Resolution Statuses

Emma Humphries

Apr 10, 2018, 8:21:42 PM4/10/18
to tool...@lists.mozilla.org, AJ Bahnken, Simon Fraser, James Graham, Jan Keromnes, Dylan Hardison, Mark Goodwin, Peter Radcliffe, Peter Bengtsson, Mike Taylor, Release, Michael Hoye, auto-...@mozilla.com, Joel Maher, Ed Morley, Mike Hommey
Please note that we will enable two new bug resolutions in the near future.

INACTIVE: bugs which have not been changed in at least a year
MOVED: bugs which were filed in Firefox, not regressions in a release, and
are being resolved in an external repository

These changes should not break API clients, but we want you to be aware of
them.

If you have questions about how update your API client to accommodate this
change, please contact dy...@mozilla.com or em...@mozilla.com

-- Emma Humphries, Bugmaster, Firefox

Dylan Hardison

Apr 11, 2018, 12:53:47 PM4/11/18
to Emma Humphries, Release, Mike Hommey, Peter Bengtsson, Autotools, Peter Radcliffe, Mike Taylor, Simon Fraser, Mark Goodwin, James Graham, AJ Bahnken, Michael Hoye, Jan Keromnes, tool...@lists.mozilla.org, Joel Maher
And to be clear, if you want to test your stuff before this hits prod, you should point your stuff to bugzilla-dev.allizom.org.
If you need help resetting accounts there, we're in #bmo on irc.mozilla.org.

We want to enable these real soon, but also don't want your bots and other stuff to break.

Thanks!

Wayne

Sep 1, 2019, 8:00:04 PM9/1/19
to Emma Humphries
Please clarify the definition and role of INACTIVE. In particular ...

* which bug# created it?
* although the definition posted below is consistent with
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bug_Triage#Inactive_Bugs, it does not
mention which bug STATUSes (UNCONFIRMED, NEW, ASSIGNED, REOPENED)
are eligible to be resolved to INACTIVE
* how does INACTIVE compare with the INCOMPLETE - i.e. when does one
use resolution INCOMPLETE vs INACTIVE
* how does the newish STALLED keyword fit in with these two
resolutions?
https://mozilla.github.io/bug-handling/triage-bugzilla#the-stalled-keyword

Also, INACTIVE is missing https://wiki.mozilla.org/BMO/UserGuide/BugStatuses

Thanks

Emma Humphries

Sep 6, 2019, 5:48:35 PM9/6/19
to Wayne, mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
That email's obsolete, we're not using that status.