[Policy] Tracking Regressions in Firefox Components Managed in GitHub Projects

Emma Humphries

Apr 10, 2018, 7:19:18 PM4/10/18
to dev-platform, fx-team, tool...@lists.mozilla.org
Release Management and the weekly regression triage must be aware of the
status of all reported regressions in order to assure we are not shipping
known regressions in Firefox releases.

If a team is using GitHub to manage their part of the Firefox project,
there’s a risk that those groups might not see a regression.

We need an agreed to standard for how we keep track of these.
An initial version of this policy has been written and is available for
inspection at
https://github.com/mozilla/bug-handling/blob/master/policy/regressions-github.md

If you have questions or concerns, please submit a pull-request against
this repository or contact me through email, IRC, or Slack.

I want to thank Ritu Kothari, Liz Henry, Mark Côté, Myk Melez, Wil Clouser,
Jim Mathies, Edward Lee, Mike Taylor, Chris Karloff, and Bryon 'Glob' Jones
for their review and comments on earlier drafts of this policy.

-- Emma Humphries, Bugmaster, Firefox

Emma Humphries

Apr 11, 2018, 2:19:00 AM4/11/18
to dev-platform, fx-team, tool...@lists.mozilla.org
And I misspelled Glob's name. That's Byron Jones. Sorry about that.

-- Emma