Big memory leak fixed thanks to Dylan!

Mark Côté

Jul 28, 2016, 11:21:08 AM7/28/16
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Just wanted to link to Dylan's blog post from a couple weeks ago
detailing his fix for an old memory leak in BMO:

http://dylanwh.tumblr.com/post/147319029597/bmo-memory-leaks

Although the memory leak wasn't (yet) causing user-visible errors, it
was resulting in the web server restarting worker processes extremely
often (usually several hundred times an hour), which unsurprisingly
caused some performance issues. These problems would have only gotten
worse as more people switch to the new modal UI.

Thanks Dylan!

Mark

Lawrence Mandel

Jul 28, 2016, 11:25:34 AM7/28/16
to Mark Côté, mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Great work Dylan! Very compelling charts in your post as well. We
absolutely want people on the new UI. I've been using it for several months
and I find it a lot better than the older UI.

Lawrence