Enabling Google Analytics on bugzilla.mozilla.org

Emma Humphries

Nov 13, 2017, 6:29:50 PM11/13/17
to tool...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello, we intend to enable Google Analytics on bugzilla.mozilla.org.

As specified in our privacy policy for websites [1], if you have Do Not
Track enabled [2] we will not load Google Analytics.

We want to be better able to respond to bugs filed on Bugzilla. Google
Analytics gives us a way to learn which issues are getting the most views
and activity so that we can respond to them.

We also want to improve the user experience by better understanding how the
community uses Bugzilla. HTTP logs alone don’t tell the story of how easy
or difficult it is to file a bug, or which parts of the bug detail page are
confusing people using our site.

At the same time, we share our community's concerns about the importance of
privacy and security, and are particularly sensitive to participation in,
as well as the content of, security and legal bugs.

We will not load Google Analytics on detail and attachment pages for bugs
in groups with restricted access. Furthermore, none of the URL parameters
will be logged, and your IP addresses will be anonymized.

If you allow us to collect information about your use of Bugzilla using
Google Analytics, that data will be used in accordance with our privacy
policy[3].

[1] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/websites/
[2] https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-turn-do-not-track-feature
[3] https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/