how to export addressbook to .vcf file?

V S Rawat gmoz

Oct 7, 2012, 12:25:40 PM10/7/12
TB can import .vcf file but doesn't export to it. What is the fun?

how to export addressbook to .vcf file?

Thanks.
--
Rawat

Mike Easter

Oct 7, 2012, 1:01:58 PM10/7/12
V S Rawat gmoz wrote:
> TB can import .vcf file but doesn't export to it. What is the fun?
>
> how to export addressbook to .vcf file?

You are posting here with a gmail address. You can
integrate/synchronize your gmail and Tb contacts and you can export
vcards/.vcf from gmail's contacts.

Also, by such integration, you will have your contacts available to you
in the cloud in the instance you might be somewhere with online access
but not your Tb or its associated files.

There may be some other application for your Win7 to which you could
import you Tb addressbook which has the ability to export .vcf/vcards.
Win7 doesn't have a preinstalled agent like Vista's WinMail which could
do it.

Also check out thundersync
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/thundersync/ Very
nice tool - many thanks! Export to vcard should be a default feature of
Thunderbird. This add-on finally adds that capability.

--
Mike Easter

V S Rawat gmoz

Oct 7, 2012, 1:27:59 PM10/7/12
Installed that. it is exporting to .vcf files. it exported all 2253
contacts from my TB, one each at a time, to 2253 vcf files. Oh My God.
when I saw my folder in explorer, I thought I have got some virus who
has deleted all my files and created all these junk files.

:-)

Is that the way vcf files are? Can't there be a single vcf file having
all the contacts?

Thanks.
--
Rawat

Ron K.

Oct 7, 2012, 1:57:07 PM10/7/12
Mike Easter on 10/7/2012 1:01 PM, keyboarded a reply:
Another extension tool with Vcard support is here:
https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/morecols-en.html
The section of the page about Vcard is down toward the bottom.

--
Ron K.

Mike Easter

Oct 7, 2012, 4:20:24 PM10/7/12
V S Rawat gmoz wrote:
> Mike Easter_ wrote:
>> V S Rawat gmoz wrote:

>>> TB can import .vcf file but doesn't export to it. What is the fun?
>>>
>>> how to export addressbook to .vcf file?

>> Also check out thundersync

> Installed that. it is exporting to .vcf files. it exported all 2253
> contacts from my TB, one each at a time, to 2253 vcf files. Oh My God.
> when I saw my folder in explorer, I thought I have got some virus who
> has deleted all my files and created all these junk files.
>
> :-)
>
> Is that the way vcf files are? Can't there be a single vcf file having
> all the contacts?

A single file containing many contacts is an address book which can have
a number of different formats.

A vcard or .vcf file is a digital 'business' card/file representing a
single contact.

What exactly are you trying to do?

--
Mike Easter

Chris Ramsden

Oct 7, 2012, 4:36:53 PM10/7/12
to support-t...@lists.mozilla.org
>> Installed that. it is exporting to .vcf files. it exported all 2253
>> contacts from my TB, one each at a time, to 2253 vcf files. Oh My God.
>> when I saw my folder in explorer, I thought I have got some virus who
>> has deleted all my files and created all these junk files.

Here,

right-click|MoreFunctionsFoAddressBook|Export|As vCard (.vcf)

...exports the whole of the selected Address book to a single vcf file.

https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/morecols-en.html

Chris Ramsden

Michael A. Puls II

Oct 7, 2012, 7:24:06 PM10/7/12
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 16:20:24 -0400, Mike Easter <Mi...@ster.invalid> wrote:

> A vcard or .vcf file is a digital 'business' card/file representing a
> single contact.

Never used a Mac. But, I once attempted to right a vCard parser and heard
that on Mac, all contacts are exported to a single .vcf file and that it's
pretty common to have multi-entry vcf files.

Each entry in the file has a BEGIN: and END:. It's similar to how mbox
files can contain multiple messages delimited by a "From " line.

Really don't know, but that's what I heard.

--
Michael

Michael A. Puls II

Oct 7, 2012, 7:26:47 PM10/7/12
to support-t...@lists.mozilla.org
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 19:24:06 -0400, Michael A. Puls II
<shado...@gmail.com> wrote:

> right

Yikes. "write".

--
Michael

Ralph Fox

Oct 8, 2012, 4:57:49 AM10/8/12
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 21:55:40 +0530, V S Rawat gmoz wrote:

> TB can import .vcf file but doesn't export to it. What is the fun?
> how to export addressbook to .vcf file?

Dawn <http://mysite.verizon.net/zakharin/software/Dawn/> can read your
Thunderbird address book and then export an address as a vCard.

1) From Dawn
File >> Open >> Open Address Book
Select "Thunderbird"
Select which Thunderbird address book to read.

2) From Dawn
Select the address
File >> Save >> Save as vCard...

--
Kind regards
Ralph

V S Rawat gmoz

Oct 11, 2012, 3:15:17 AM10/11/12
I wanted to output all entries of my address book to a single vcf file
in tb 13. Is it conceptually not correct?

Thanks.
--
Rawat

V S Rawat gmoz