Thunderbird profile location for Windows 8 ????

Todd and Margo Chester

Sep 19, 2014, 2:30:13 PM9/19/14
Hi All,

I just came across a customer with Windows 8.1 and Thunderbird.

Her profile is located in

C:\Apps\MTB email files\Thunderbird\Profiles\swbr62cq.default\Mail\Local
Folders

Huh? Isn't it suppose to be located in ?

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird

Is this a special Windows 8 thing?

Many thanks,
-T

Keith Nuttle

Sep 19, 2014, 2:35:25 PM9/19/14
I am guessing that someone set a special folder for the customer's apps.

I have Thunderbird and Firefox on running on Windows 8.1. They were
originally installed on Windows 8.

Both FF and TB profile are in Appdata/Roaming

Todd and Margo Chester

Sep 19, 2014, 3:51:49 PM9/19/14
Hi Keithy,

Thank you for the quick response and confirmation. The customer
had two eMail profiles mixed together too.

C:\Apps\MTB email files\Thunderbird\Profiles\swbr62cq.default
and
C:\Apps\MTB email files\Thunderbird\Profiles\Mail

Her correct "Local Folders" were in "Mail\swbr62cq.default", but
everything else was in "Mail".

So, after some detective work, I unscrambled everything,
moved her profile back to "AppData\Roaming", and corrected
all the paths in prefs.js.

Happy camping has returned.

-T