TB and Windows 7

1 view

RonP

Aug 1, 2009, 3:27:12 PM8/1/09
Both TB2 and TB3 starts minimized in Windows 7. I tried shortcuts with
"normal" and "maximized" but no luck. TB is the only program do behave
like this so far for me. Anyone experiencing the same? Thx

Old Gringo

Aug 1, 2009, 4:27:37 PM8/1/09
Two Cents To The RonP Post:

> Both TB2 and TB3 starts minimized in Windows 7. I tried shortcuts with
> "normal" and "maximized" but no luck. TB is the only program do behave
> like this so far for me. Anyone experiencing the same? Thx
This is what I use on Win 7
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/early_releases/downloads/
Works like a charm.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

RonP

Aug 1, 2009, 5:05:31 PM8/1/09
Old Gringo wrote:
> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
> Two Cents To The RonP Post:
>> Both TB2 and TB3 starts minimized in Windows 7. I tried shortcuts with
>> "normal" and "maximized" but no luck. TB is the only program do behave
>> like this so far for me. Anyone experiencing the same? Thx
> This is what I use on Win 7
> http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/early_releases/downloads/
> Works like a charm.

OK, thanks. I did try that as well. Speaking of this beta, what
version of lightening works with it. Remember reading somewhere of a
specific build that works with the new beta. Thx

Old Gringo

Aug 1, 2009, 6:42:14 PM8/1/09
? don't use it

Ron K.

Aug 1, 2009, 7:56:41 PM8/1/09
RonP on 8/1/2009 5:05 PM, keyboarded a reply:

The current Lightning nightly tester builds will work. Here is a link.
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/nightly/latest-comm-1.9.1/

--
Ron K.

Ron K.

Aug 1, 2009, 8:03:44 PM8/1/09
RonP on 8/1/2009 3:27 PM, keyboarded a reply:

> Both TB2 and TB3 starts minimized in Windows 7. I tried shortcuts with
> "normal" and "maximized" but no luck. TB is the only program do behave
> like this so far for me. Anyone experiencing the same? Thx

I'm on Vista, but this has happened with other Widows OS versions. A
standard fix effort is to use mouse to drag expand the small window frame
to desired size. Then close and restart TB. Usually this resets the
persistence setting.