Firefox 2 and webmail.aol.com

Jeff

Mar 17, 2007, 9:45:26 AM3/17/07
I signed up for a free email address at webmail.aol.com but when I try to
access my mail in Firefox 2, I cannot because I keep getting errors about
"[MessageList.RequestListData is not a function]"

Things work fine if I use IE6. Can Firefox access AOL's free webmail?

Jeff

Christopher Jahn

Mar 17, 2007, 11:18:54 AM3/17/07
"Jeff" <je...@naol.com> wrote in

Yes. Clear your cache and delete all cookies related to the site
and try again.

--
}:-) Christopher Jahn
{:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

Nir

Mar 17, 2007, 12:52:33 PM3/17/07
Christopher Jahn wrote:
> "Jeff" <je...@naol.com> wrote in
>
>> I signed up for a free email address at webmail.aol.com but when I
>> try to access my mail in Firefox 2, I cannot because I keep getting
>> errors about "[MessageList.RequestListData is not a function]"
>>
>> Things work fine if I use IE6. Can Firefox access AOL's free
>> webmail?
>
> Yes. Clear your cache and delete all cookies related to the site and
> try again.

...also see "http://tinyurl.com/ywwf62"

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Mar 17, 2007, 1:57:03 PM3/17/07

Jeff

Mar 17, 2007, 2:20:07 PM3/17/07

"Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com>
wrote in message news:NeudncTRF9eytmHY...@mozilla.org...

> Jeff wrote:
>> I signed up for a free email address at webmail.aol.com but when I try to
>> access my mail in Firefox 2, I cannot because I keep getting errors about
>> "[MessageList.RequestListData is not a function]"
>>
>> Things work fine if I use IE6. Can Firefox access AOL's free webmail?
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> try accessing it from
> https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp?mcState=initialized&seamless=novl&sitedomain=sns.webmail.aol.com&lang=en&locale=us&authLev=2&siteState=ver%3a1%252c0%26ac%3aWS%26ld%3awebmail.aol.com%26uv%3aAOL%26lc%3aen-us%26ud%3aaol.com%26br%3aWebSuite-CurrentProd
> instead of webmail.aol.com

Thank you al for helping.

Tried with the above. Also with http://mail.aim.com/ and still get the same
error. Cleared my cache and deleted all cookies before doing all this too.
Same error.

I have "Scripts" but have allowed everything from AOL (AOL.com and
AOLCDN.com) but get the error in FF 2. No such problem in IE6 so it is not
my firewall (ZA).

Is there somewhere else in FF Options where scripts are dis-allowed?

P.S.
In > https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp? ..... should I
replace "my.screenname" with my screenname? Using it as is takes me to the
login which is shows up fine.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Mar 17, 2007, 2:37:43 PM3/17/07
Jeff wrote:
> In > https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp? ..... should I
> replace "my.screenname" with my screenname? Using it as is takes me to the
> login which is shows up fine.

No! But if it works for you that why, then keep it.