Help - Unresponsive script error

Crips

Nov 12, 2007, 7:54:46 AM11/12/07
I keep getting an 'unresponsive script' error message. I am using firefox
2.0.0.9

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Nov 12, 2007, 1:18:59 PM11/12/07
Crips wrote:
> I keep getting an 'unresponsive script' error message. I am using firefox
> 2.0.0.9

its probably a script that isn't compatible with FF, but
that is only a guess since you didn't post a link to the
problem site.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Crips

Nov 12, 2007, 2:44:54 PM11/12/07
Sorry about the lack of info before. I get the error message more or less
everytime I click the rat button to a link or different tab.

"Crips" <cr...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Nov 12, 2007, 3:53:18 PM11/12/07
Crips wrote:
> Sorry about the lack of info before. I get the error message more or less
> everytime I click the rat button to a link or different tab.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what a "rat button" is

David McRitchie

Nov 12, 2007, 4:46:08 PM11/12/07
"Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" g...

> Crips wrote:
>> Sorry about the lack of info before. I get the error message more or less
>> everytime I click the rat button to a link or different tab.
>
> I'm sorry, but I have no idea what a "rat button" is

Since there is only the one button mentioned must be Macintosh mouse.
Kind of puts me off using the mouse for a few minutes that's for sure.

The problem is probably a Firewall problem, if it's every page.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls
Otherwise
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unresponsive_Script_Warning
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

Typically you would see if things work in Safe Mode, if they do then
the problem is probably an extension or theme.

--
HTH,
David McRitchie,

Jump2Top .

Nov 12, 2007, 5:43:04 PM11/12/07
to Firefox user help
I got the same error very often while I am using Gmail ...
Firefox version 2.0.0.9 I started to see thie error a couple weeks
ago.. not before...

Thanks
Hakan
http://primoris.com

Doc

Nov 15, 2007, 2:03:03 PM11/15/07
I get this at PayPal... just started after the upgrade.

What gives...?

Jump2Top . typed this:

--

"Doc" in Los Angeles
mailto: pc-d...@nospam.comcast.net

TofuTheGreat

Nov 16, 2007, 1:29:06 PM11/16/07
I have FF 2.0.0.9 on Win XP Pro and I have been encountering this
behavior for the last two days. It's pretty frustrating. Not only
the unresponsive script dialog but I've also had frequent crashes of
FF over the same two days. Before this FF ran like a dream.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that it's a specific site. I
haven't installed any new add-ons in well over 6 months. But there
have been several add-on updates in the last few days. So I'm of the
mind that one of my add-ons is the culprit.

I've uninstalled many of them and I'm starting to lean toward the
latest update to the StumbleUpon toolbar. Seems the only consistent
thing is that I hit the message after using the Stumble button in one
tab while using the Chat feature at Photoshopcontest.com. If I just
have a tab for PSC chat then I don't have a problem. So I don't think
it's the scripting on that site.

Jump2Top .

Nov 16, 2007, 8:16:27 PM11/16/07
to Firefox user help
I got the same error on Gmail..It started a couple weeks ago...

Hakan
http://primoris.com

Doc

Nov 16, 2007, 10:01:21 PM11/16/07
Jump2Top . typed this:

WATCH OUT at PAYPAL... the SCRIPTS there are 'marked' unresponsive and
I'm thinking that something is not getting completed. MY last Ebay
purchase thru Firefox ran into the UNRESPONSIVE SCRIPTS and the only way
to break out of that hang was to 'stop' the script, then the page
completed. Paypal sees the transaction but the SELLER is denying they
ever got notified... HMMMM, I wonder?

Philly

Nov 20, 2007, 6:17:52 PM11/20/07
This websites seem to address your issue with Unresponsive Scripts,
and gives an easy fix :
- http://www.itchyhands.com/2006/01/07/fix-firefox-unresponsive-script-warnings

For additional info, one can also read:
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unresponsive_Script_Warning

Marc

On Nov 12, 5:43 pm, "Jump2Top ." <jump2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got the same error very often while I am using Gmail ...
> Firefox version 2.0.0.9 I started to see thie error a couple weeks
> ago.. not before...
>
> Thanks

> Hakanhttp://primoris.com

> On Nov 12, 2007 2:44 PM, Crips <cr...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Sorry about the lack of info before. I get the error message more or less
> > everytime I click the rat button to a link or different tab.
>
> > "Crips" <cr...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> > >I keep getting an 'unresponsivescript' error message. I am using firefox

> > >2.0.0.9

Jump2Top .

Nov 20, 2007, 9:15:51 PM11/20/07
to Firefox user help
I got the same script error on Google today....

Thanks

Hakan
http://primoris.com

pcu...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2007, 5:17:15 AM11/25/07
I found by disabling Adblock Plus 0.7.5.3 and restarting Firefox the
problem was fixed

pcu...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2007, 9:39:52 AM11/25/07
It seems that GMail sometimes cannot handle a filter that was recently
added to EasyList. You can go to menu Tools / Adblock Plus and choose
Filter / Update all subscriptions from the menu in the preferences
dialog. This will update EasyList and should fix the issue (usually
EasyList is only updated every five days).

Jay Garcia

Nov 25, 2007, 10:14:53 AM11/25/07

Nov 27, 2007, 5:13:19 AM11/27/07

this fixed my problem.