Close tab button color

Jack

Apr 19, 2011, 7:40:33 PM4/19/11
In FF4, the "close tab" bar has changed color from red to grey, making it hard to find for those with limited vision.

How do we change its color back to red?

Sailfish

Apr 19, 2011, 7:54:46 PM4/19/11
Jack wrote:
> In FF4, the "close tab" bar has changed color from red to grey, making it hard to find for those with limited vision.
>
> How do we change its color back to red?

The theme has changed from before and they've replaced the "close tab"
images. There are many other themes to choose from at the Addons Mozilla
site, http://bit.ly/fQWA94, perhaps yoy may find one there more to
your liking?

--
Sailfish - Netscape/Mozilla Champion
Netscape/Mozilla Tips: http://www.ufaq.org/ , http://ilias.ca/

David McRitchie

Apr 19, 2011, 7:59:51 PM4/19/11

"Jack" <us...@mozilla-xp.com/> wrote in message news:vsCdnc6qJfnsgDPQ...@mozilla.org...

> In FF4, the "close tab" bar has changed color from red to grey, making it hard to find for those with limited vision.
>
> How do we change its color back to red?

Well I have a style the would help by highlighting the list-all-tabs
beside it. Both buttons could use a little tweaking as the triangle and
the "x" have gotten smaller since 3.0 even more so if I reduce the
toolbar height. (You probably would reduce toolbar height yourself though)
They're not like they used to be before 3.6 and 4.0.

Tabs, Enlarge list-all-tabs button (DM*) - Themes and Skins for browser - userstyles.org
http://userstyles.org/styles/18553

Tabs Bar Minimal Size - Themes and Skins for browser - userstyles.org
http://userstyles.org/styles/9043

--
HTH,
Fx4: Firefox 4.0 Problem Solutions and Orientation (#fx4) see

David Pyles

Apr 19, 2011, 8:59:38 PM4/19/11
Sailfish wrote:
> Jack wrote:
>> In FF4, the "close tab" bar has changed color from red to grey, making
>> it hard to find for those with limited vision.
>> How do we change its color back to red?
>>
> The theme has changed from before and they've replaced the "close tab"
> images. There are many other themes to choose from at the Addons Mozilla
> site, http://bit.ly/fQWA94, perhaps yoy may find one there more to your
> liking?

The Tab Mix Plus extension has options to change the colors of the tabs
(override the theme settings:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/

Once it's installed open the options, click the "Display" button, then
the Tab button, then the Customize Styles button.
Dave Pyles

Sailfish

Apr 19, 2011, 9:18:58 PM4/19/11

Thanks David, let's hope Jack reads this :)

Bob Liddelow

May 1, 2011, 11:05:12 PM5/1/11
Nope - please can we have a method not using themes or an extension?

dillinger

May 2, 2011, 9:40:43 PM5/2/11
On 05/02/2011 05:05 AM, Bob Liddelow wrote:
> Nope - please can we have a method not using themes or an extension?

Add:

.tab-close-button .toolbarbutton-icon {background: red;}

to your userChrome.css

Rav

May 2, 2011, 9:58:07 PM5/2/11

Is there a way to make the FOREground of the X red, i.e. the color of
the X itself, instead of the background? (I tried foreground: red, and
that didn't do anything). Thanks.

Message has been deleted

Rav

May 3, 2011, 7:00:41 AM5/3/11
On 5/3/2011 4:52 AM, Sailfish wrote:
> You can replace the default tab close buttons with the previous 3.6.x
> red ones in the default Winstripe theme as shown below. I should note
> that this override will most likely replace all the browser tab close
> buttons in other themes, as well.
>
> 1. Save the "Close" button image from
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.9.2/source/toolkit/themes/winstripe/global/icons/close.png?raw=1
> to your profile chrome/ folder (where your userChrome.css file resides.)
> Note: if you don't have a chrome/ folder in your profile, create one and
> then save the image there. Then create a text file there with the file
> name "userChrome.css".
>
> 2. Open the userChrome.css file in your favorite text editor, say,
> "notepad.exe" and add the following CSS style overrides:
>

> /* Tab close button */
> .tab-close-button {
> -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 56px, 14px, 42px) !important;
> list-style-image: url("close.png") !important;
> }
>
> .tab-close-button:hover,
> .tab-close-button:hover[selected="true"] {
> -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 28px, 14px, 14px) !important;
> }
>
> .tab-close-button:hover:active,
> .tab-close-button:hover:active[selected="true"] {
> -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 42px, 14px, 28px) !important;
> }
>
> .tab-close-button[selected="true"] {
> -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 14px, 14px, 0px) !important;
> }
>
> Good luck!

That works great! Thank you!

Message has been deleted