firefox problems

lyle schaller

Nov 22, 2009, 11:27:48 AM11/22/09
to support...@lists.mozilla.org
have uninstalled completely 2 or 3 times...and downloaded again...reinstalling...BUT THIS LATEST VERSION OF FIREFOX KEEPS HANGING UP(READ STOP WORKING)...This is especially true when going to my work email account(Thunderbird)when ever I try to delete a message it hangs or try to go from one to another it hanges.

TRIED THE NEW BETA VERSION...IT WORKED######BUT DID NOT SUPPORT MY ROBOFORM### UI therefore uninstalled it and went back to 3.5.5 EVEN WITH THE PROBLEM AS ROBOFORM MORE IMPORTANT...

Daddy

Nov 22, 2009, 12:32:17 PM11/22/09
lyle schaller wrote:
> have uninstalled completely 2 or 3 times...and downloaded again...reinstalling...BUT THIS LATEST VERSION OF FIREFOX KEEPS HANGING UP(READ STOP WORKING)...This is especially true when going to my work email account(Thunderbird)when ever I try to delete a message it hangs or try to go from one to another it hanges.
>
> TRIED THE NEW BETA VERSION...IT WORKED######BUT DID NOT SUPPORT MY ROBOFORM### UI therefore uninstalled it and went back to 3.5.5 EVEN WITH THE PROBLEM AS ROBOFORM MORE IMPORTANT...

"Welcome to RoboForm Support System (RFSS)"
http://support.roboform.com/php/rtss/main/?lang=en

Maybe they like it WHEN YOU YELL and use ################# to MAKE YOUR
POINT.

Daddy

G. R. Woodring

Nov 22, 2009, 12:39:36 PM11/22/09
Date: 11/22/2009 11:27 AM, Author: lyle schaller Wrote:
> have uninstalled completely 2 or 3 times...and downloaded again...reinstalling...BUT THIS LATEST VERSION OF FIREFOX KEEPS HANGING UP(READ STOP WORKING)...This is especially true when going to my work email account(Thunderbird)when ever I try to delete a message it hangs or try to go from one to another it hanges.
>
> TRIED THE NEW BETA VERSION...IT WORKED######BUT DID NOT SUPPORT MY ROBOFORM### UI therefore uninstalled it and went back to 3.5.5 EVEN WITH THE PROBLEM AS ROBOFORM MORE IMPORTANT...

Un-installing and re-installing is only a last resort because it _virtually_
_never_ fixes anything. Almost all problems are in the profile where your
settings and add-ons are kept.

Have you tried running Firefox in -safe-mode? This will disable extensions and
themes. If the problem no longer occurs, an add-on was causing the problem.
Test by re-enabling the add-ons one at a time or in small groups to isolate the
culprit(s).

A full selection of troubleshooting tips can be found here:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox>

Thunderbird has nothing to do with Firefox, if you are have a problem with
Thunderbird please post in mozilla.support.thunderbird.

One more point:
Don't use all caps, it's considered shouting and rude.

--
G. R. Woodring

David McRitchie

Nov 22, 2009, 2:05:55 PM11/22/09
"Daddy" wrote...

> lyle schaller wrote:
>> have uninstalled completely 2 or 3 times...and downloaded again...reinstalling...BUT THIS LATEST VERSION OF FIREFOX KEEPS HANGING
>> UP(READ STOP WORKING)...This is especially true when going to my work email account(Thunderbird)when ever I try to delete a
>> message it hangs or try to go from one to another it hanges. TRIED THE NEW BETA VERSION...IT WORKED######BUT DID NOT SUPPORT MY
>> ROBOFORM### UI therefore uninstalled it and went back to 3.5.5 EVEN WITH THE PROBLEM AS ROBOFORM MORE IMPORTANT... // Lyle

> "Welcome to RoboForm Support System (RFSS)"
> http://support.roboform.com/php/rtss/main/?lang=en
>
> Maybe they like it WHEN YOU YELL and use ################# to MAKE YOUR POINT. // Daddy

You can thank Daddy for getting the ball rolling, because as a frustrated
problem solver to a frustrated user, you certainly could have done a lot
better in asking a question rather than expecting one to be answered by a
mind reader.

1) The subject is meaningless
2) You posted through a list server, but may not have actually subscribed
if you didn't, you won't see answers posted unless someone emails a copy to
you, if you did subscribe, you probably will get all the subsequent postings
to this newsgroup dumped into your email.
3) We don't care that you installed the LATEST VERSION (in caps), what we
do care is what that version is, and you are in fact at the latest version (today)
which is 3.5.5 which you hid at the end in a sentence of capital letters (shouting).
We don't know what your beta version was, it probably disabled most of
your extensions, which makes it impossible to "test" with, which is what
betas are for (to test with).
4) Sounds like you can actually get into Firefox, would suggest that you
check your extensions against the list of Problematic Extensions
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions
I expect since you have a major problem you probably have a 30% chance
of finding the problem and the solution right there. If you have AVG Free
as your AntiVirus program and let it install with the "Link Scanner" component
more like 80% chance of finding a solution there. In any case it sounds
like you have an Extension problem.
5) The more information you provide, the more likely you can get help,
or even solve your own problem, and help others if you report back.

If you need further help, please describe your problem, when and how it
fails, what you have done to try to solve the problem. What you did to make
it better or worse.

This question can be found in Google Groups so that you can watch your
question there in a threaded view.
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/browse_frm/thread/a4132ab66a2bd74d/e29c57e090aa45a4

Chris Ilias' Blog :: Instructions for new newsgroup server
http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/01/instructions-for-new-newsgroup-server/

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Keep in mind that it is a lot harder to ask a meaningful question
than to answer a question, so try to make it easy on yourself in
getting an answer, and that it might help others as well.

More tips at the bottom of my firefox.htm web page.

--
HTH,