Is Mozilla Firefox better than Internet Explorer?

已查看 16 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Holland Numerics Ltd

未读,
2009年6月24日 14:38:132009/6/24
收件人
Please check out http://www.squidoo.com/firefox_ie.

........Phil Holland

kes

未读,
2009年6月24日 14:56:322009/6/24
收件人
Holland Numerics Ltd wrote:
> Please check out http://www.squidoo.com/firefox_ie.
>
> ........Phil Holland

Read the article if you have time to waste.

Quicker option -- Use IE 8 for 20 minutes and convince yourself that it
is shite.

Jordon

未读,
2009年6月24日 14:58:222009/6/24
收件人
Holland Numerics Ltd wrote:
> Please check out http://www.squidoo.com/firefox_ie.

Looks like the choice is clear.

Doesn't #2 in the argument for IE contradict #4 for
the argument against IE?

--
Jordon

Pete Holsberg

未读,
2009年6月24日 16:13:452009/6/24
收件人 Firefox user help
Holland Numerics Ltd wrote:
> Please check out http://www.squidoo.com/firefox_ie.

Spell checker?

Tarkus

未读,
2009年6月24日 16:19:042009/6/24
收件人

Wouldn't an open mind be more useful? You still might find it to be
shite, but at least you'd have arrived at that conclusion honestly.

Ron Hunter

未读,
2009年6月24日 20:31:332009/6/24
收件人
Holland Numerics Ltd wrote:
> Please check out http://www.squidoo.com/firefox_ie.
>
> ........Phil Holland

Really doesn't answer the question posed, now does it. Much of which is
'better' depends on what one needs to do, and how much trouble one wants
to go to in order to get it done. Many of Firefox's best features are
ignored.

Ron Hunter

未读,
2009年6月24日 20:34:132009/6/24
收件人
I have used it for much more than 20 minutes, and anyone who thinks he
can give it (or Firefox) a valid evaluation in 20 minutes just proving
he doesn't really understand how complex ANY browser really is.
In spite of it being far behind Firefox in usability, flexibility, and
customizability, IE8 is a vast improvement over all previous versions,
and should receive at least due credit for that progress.

kes

未读,
2009年6月25日 02:56:082009/6/25
收件人

Ron, the original post was about 'Is Firefox better than Internet
Explorer?' and NOT

"Is IE8 an improvement over all previous versions of IEx, and should it

Ron Hunter

未读,
2009年6月25日 03:11:202009/6/25
收件人

My reply addressed the wisdom, or lack thereof, of using a browser for
20 minutes and rendering an opinion on its usefulness, or quality.

Tarkus

未读,
2009年6月25日 03:38:252009/6/25
收件人

The short answer is there's no answer. It's all subjective. The best
browser is the one YOU like best.

Holland Numerics Ltd

未读,
2009年6月25日 04:14:082009/6/25
收件人
If you join Squidoo you can add to the lists of reasons, vote entries
up or down, and record your comments in the Reader Feedback in
www.squidoo.com/firefox_ie. If you strongly disagree, then, as a
member, you can create your own page to fully illustrate your opposing
views!

........Phil Holland

已删除帖子

Ron Hunter

未读,
2009年6月25日 11:32:402009/6/25
收件人
There are objective aspects to the choice, but mostly it is what you are
used to, and what accommodates your needs best.

Pete Holsberg

未读,
2009年6月25日 11:51:412009/6/25
收件人 Firefox user help
Ron Hunter wrote:

> There are objective aspects to the choice, but mostly it is what you are
> used to, and what accommodates your needs best.

Does that mean that IE8 is no longer plagued with the security holes
that earlier IEs had?

Tarkus

未读,
2009年6月25日 14:53:482009/6/25
收件人

My guess is, security holes will continue to pop up from time to time,
and be fixed, just like with Firefox.

Ron Hunter

未读,
2009年6月25日 15:02:312009/6/25
收件人
OOTB it is by far the safest version MS has produced. It can be
tightened ever more by changing options settings. It doesn't even do
ActiveX unless you give it permission.

Miles

未读,
2009年6月25日 15:18:492009/6/25
收件人

but isn't it a fact that historically IE has been much slower than
Mozilla at plugging security holes?
Miles

Ron Hunter

未读,
2009年6月25日 16:24:002009/6/25
收件人
Yes. Such a large company has much greater 'inertia' when it comes to
getting out the patches. However, with MS doing monthly updates, some
of them are often related to either OE or IE. I doubt they are as fast
as Mozilla at the changes, which is one good aspect of the open source
concept.

Tarkus

未读,
2009年6月25日 16:46:522009/6/25
收件人

I have no idea. My memory is that IE is updated more often, through
Windows Update. You can argue that's because IE is more buggy, or you
could argue that it's more attacked because of its popularity. Either
way, I don't think there's a significant difference, as far as either
one plugging holes as they develop.

IE has actually been pretty safe for quite a long time, provided you
adjusted the default security settings. The problem has been most
people don't bother. MS over time has tightened up those defaults, in
no small part because of competition from the likes of Firefox.

Pete Holsberg

未读,
2009年6月25日 18:49:192009/6/25
收件人 Firefox user help

Thanks.

Dan

未读,
2009年6月27日 09:57:312009/6/27
收件人
on 6/24/09 3:19 PM Tarkus said the following:

This is support for Firefox. IE is off topic.

Ron Hunter

未读,
2009年6月27日 16:16:252009/6/27
收件人

It seems that comparisons between the two would be on topic.

Jay Garcia

未读,
2009年6月27日 17:18:002009/6/27
收件人