Basil

Nov 19, 2007, 3:14:23 PM11/19/07
Hello,

I'm getting the following error message everytime I try to access
del.icio.us:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://del.icio.us/home

The following error was encountered:

a.. Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at
this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root.

Generated Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:10:19 GMT by localhost (squid/2.6.STABLE6)

Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be causing this and how to cure
it?

Thanks in advance.

Irwin Greenwald

Nov 19, 2007, 6:54:38 PM11/19/07
to Basil
No problems here. Win XP SP2 FF 2.0.0.9

--
Irwin

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Nov 19, 2007, 6:59:22 PM11/19/07
Basil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting the following error message everytime I try to access
> del.icio.us:
>
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
> Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be causing this and how to cure
> it?

try emptying your cache and cookies, then try again. If
that doesn't work, then contact your isp and ask them if
they're blocking the site.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Basil

Nov 23, 2007, 6:30:59 PM11/23/07
Thanks Peter....

Nope, didn't work. My ISP definitely isn't blocking de.lici.ous.

One more clue I've just found is that it's only happening with sites that
don't begin with the www prefix (http://del.icio.us/ for example). Any
ideas?

"Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com>

David McRitchie

Nov 23, 2007, 7:41:58 PM11/23/07
"Basil" <b...@b.com> wrote in message news:YZudndN7u6Zc_9ra...@mozilla.org...

> Thanks Peter....
>
> Nope, didn't work. My ISP definitely isn't blocking de.lici.ous.
>
> One more clue I've just found is that it's only happening with sites that
> don't begin with the www prefix (http://del.icio.us/ for example). Any ideas?

Did a Google search of the first line of your error

http://my.christianityonline.com/techsupport2.asp?tid=113

http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48907
Don't know what he meant (where) by having to uncheck the proxy server

http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/57941/?search=ip
from this one direct ip number access is banned by server,
so perhaps the Basil is bypassing the proxy server for sites that have
already been looked up. Perhaps something in hosts file directing to
a specific ip or some kind of parent guardian. I think I had a setting
in Windows 2000 that remembered proxy settings that was supposed
to make things go faster, but actually the big table it creates slowed things
down. I was on dial-up and had a huge hosts file under Win 2000.

Do you have anything configured in Tools, Options, Advanced, network (tab),
connection "settings" button, other than direct connection to internet.

What operating system, does it work or fail for Internet Explorer, and other browsers.
Not that I can be of further assistance but it might help someone else answer your question.

--
HTH,
David McRitchie,

David Pyles

Nov 23, 2007, 8:17:27 PM11/23/07
On 11/23/2007 7:41 PM, David McRitchie wrote:
> "Basil" <b...@b.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Peter....
>>
>> Nope, didn't work. My ISP definitely isn't blocking de.lici.ous.
>>
>> One more clue I've just found is that it's only happening with sites
>> that don't begin with the www prefix (http://del.icio.us/ for
>> example). Any ideas?
>
> Did a Google search of the first line of your error
>
> http://my.christianityonline.com/techsupport2.asp?tid=113
>
> http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48907
> Don't know what he meant (where) by having to uncheck the proxy server

<...snip>

Tools>Options>Advances>Settings make sure "Auto-detect proxy settings
for this network" is the active option.
Dave Pyles

Basil

Dec 3, 2007, 3:25:24 PM12/3/07
Hello, thanks for the help chaps.

Still no luck, I've tried altering the proxy settings to no avail...

I've also done tons of searches but they all come up with the same proxy
server suggestions.

If you have any other suggestions, i'd be happy to hear them, this is really
bugging me, now. :(

Thanks for your time.

"David Pyles" <non...@user.invalid> wrote in message