Problem occuring when accessing eBay with - ebayisapi.dll

Cory

Dec 16, 2007, 1:16:49 AM12/16/07
Using Firefox 2.0.0.11 and WinXP SP2

When trying to get logged into e-Bay

www.ebay.com loads fine.
Clickiing on Sign In takes me to the Welcome to e-Bay page
After completing the sign in to account info and clicking on Sign In
while FF is loading...
https:/signin.ebay.com/ws/ebay/ebayISAPI.dll?CO_partnerid=28&site=0&usingSSL:1

A textbox opens saying:
Opening "ebayisapi.dll"
Which is an Application Extension
from http://signin.ebay.com

What should Firefox do with this file:
Open with dllfile (default)
Save to Disk
Cancel

If I click cancel, FF stops completely
Once a page started to load that looked like it was possibly
a html file.

If I use IE, Ebay loads without problems.

Any thoughts or suggestions regarding this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Cory

Christopher Jahn

Dec 16, 2007, 1:39:01 AM12/16/07
Cory wrote:
> Using Firefox 2.0.0.11 and WinXP SP2
>

> When trying to get logged into e-Bay
>
> www.ebay.com loads fine.
> Clickiing on Sign In takes me to the Welcome to e-Bay page
> After completing the sign in to account info and clicking on Sign In
> while FF is loading...
> https:/signin.ebay.com/ws/ebay/ebayISAPI.dll?CO_partnerid=28&site=0&usingSSL:1
>
> A textbox opens saying:
> Opening "ebayisapi.dll"
> Which is an Application Extension
> from http://signin.ebay.com
>
> What should Firefox do with this file:
> Open with dllfile (default)
> Save to Disk
> Cancel
>
> If I click cancel, FF stops completely
> Once a page started to load that looked like it was possibly
> a html file.
>
> If I use IE, Ebay loads without problems.

Try the usual first aid: clear the cache, delete any cookies related to
the site, and re-start FF.

Cory

Dec 16, 2007, 9:33:27 AM12/16/07
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:16:49 +0300, Cory <cvo...@swbell.net> wrote:

I have also cleared the cache and cleared any & all cookies.
FF still loads the initial page and sign in page up until the point
that I click on Sign In.
The next page that attempts to load appears to be html coding.
At the bottom of the page FF says..

Thank you for your help.
Cory

mar...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2007, 1:45:33 PM12/29/07
On Dec 16, 1:16 am, Cory <cvok...@swbell.net> wrote:
> Using  Firefox 2.0.0.11 and  WinXP SP2
>
> When trying to get logged into e-Bay
>
> www.ebay.comloads fine.

> Clickiing on Sign In takes me to the Welcome to e-Bay page
> After completing the sign in to account info and clicking on Sign In
> while FF is loading...
> https:/signin.ebay.com/ws/ebay/ebayISAPI.dll?CO_partnerid=28&site=0&usingSS­L:1

> A textbox opens saying:
> Opening "ebayisapi.dll"
> Which is an Application Extension
> fromhttp://signin.ebay.com

> What should Firefox do with this file:
> Open with     dllfile (default)
> Save to Disk
> Cancel
>
> If I click cancel, FF stops completely
> Once a page started to load that looked like it was possibly
>  a html file.
>
> If I use IE, Ebay loads without problems.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions regarding this problem would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Cory

I'm having the same problem today with Ebay and Etsy.
never happend before.
I cleared cookie and cache

no luck

Fes

Dec 31, 2007, 9:30:55 AM12/31/07
I'm also having the same problem. My laptop which still only has
Firefox version 2.0.0.9 works fine. So I can only assume it is a
problem with 2.0.0.11.

I think it is something to do with the Encription. Cause when you
change the verification (Tools/Options/Advanced/Encription Tab/
Verification button) to 'Change to use OCSP to validate all
certificates', then try again to sign in, it comes up with quite a few
error messages but after that the sign on screen comes up.

Obviously I don't actually want error messages, but it suggests that
this is the problem. The browser doesn't seem to be ignoring trying
to verify, when you select that option?!? :o\

jcor...@yahoo.com

Dec 31, 2007, 2:18:07 PM12/31/07

Yes, I was experiencing similar problems...
Nothing was working. I just figures it out!
I uninstalled an anti-virus program called ThreatFire that I had
recently installed. That fixed it!

Mistre...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2008, 9:34:58 PM1/8/08
I'm having the EXACT same problem. It's not 2.0.0.11 because I was on
an earlier version and still had the problem. Upgrading it to .11
didn't fix it. Tried a different computer with yet an earlier version
of FF, still had the same problem. Works fine in I.E., other pages
load okay in FF but not the sign-in -- I get that stupid DLL message.
Exact same problem.

I deleted cookies, uninstalled various add-ons, rebooted, turned off
my firewall, and again, I also tried a different computer that has had
NO changes made to it (and has a different firewall), and still had
the same problem.

eBay must have changed something and it no longer works in FF. Very
frustrating. I hate having to use I.E. I tried to send an e-mail
about this ("problems logging in") to eBay via I.E., and got a "page
not found" after clicking SUBMIT on my message. Three times.

Leonidas Jones

Jan 8, 2008, 9:58:13 PM1/8/08

Honestly, I doubt is any problem wirh Firefox, more likely with Windows.
I've been on eBay a lot this week with Firefox, with no issues at all,
on a Mac though.

Try starting FF in Safe Mode, and see if it works. If it does, you have
an extension problem. If not, create s new profile and try it again.

Lee

Cory

Jan 9, 2008, 12:41:46 AM1/9/08

Unfortunately for me, starting Firefox in Safe Mode gave me basically
the same results. Ebay site works fine until I have entered my
username and PW, and click to login.
The next page to attempt to load comes up with what appears to be html
code.
When I tried to go back I got the ebayisapi.dll notice.
I'll try creating a new profile as you recommend.
Thank you,
Cory

Leonidas Jones

Jan 9, 2008, 12:53:57 AM1/9/08
Cory wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:58:13 -0500, Leonidas Jones
> <Leonid...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>> Mistre...@gmail.com wrote:
/snip/

> Unfortunately for me, starting Firefox in Safe Mode gave me basically
> the same results. Ebay site works fine until I have entered my
> username and PW, and click to login.
> The next page to attempt to load comes up with what appears to be html
> code.
> When I tried to go back I got the ebayisapi.dll notice.
> I'll try creating a new profile as you recommend.
> Thank you,
> Cory

Let us know the results. Safe Mode has its uses, but, since many
extensions rewrite prefs that remain rewritten even when they are
disabled, the new profile test is the best.

Lee

Lee

Cory

Jan 9, 2008, 10:01:02 AM1/9/08
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 00:53:57 -0500, Leonidas Jones
<Leonid...@netscape.net> wrote:

Started a new profile...
Same results.
Shortly after clicking on login, the next page appears to be html
code.

Cory

Leonidas Jones

Jan 9, 2008, 3:25:01 PM1/9/08

What is the exact url of the page that is displaying as code? Sounds
like a server misconfiguration, though I have never encountered that at
eBay.

Lee

Cory

Jan 10, 2008, 9:56:21 AM1/10/08
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:25:01 -0500, Leonidas Jones
<Leonid...@netscape.net> wrote:

The eBay url right before the html appearing page loads is:
https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?co_partnerid=2&siteid=0&UsingSSL=1

The ebay url of the html appearing page is:
http://www.ebay.com/

I do appreciate your ongoing interest in this unique problem.

Thanks,
Cory

Leonidas Jones

Jan 10, 2008, 8:19:41 PM1/10/08

Well, that's the normal path to sign in to eBay, and its working just
fine here.

Try removing the eBay related cookies, clearing your cache and trying again.

Lee

hayd...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 10:46:55 PM1/16/08
On Jan 10, 8:56 am, Cory <cvok...@swbell.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:25:01 -0500, Leonidas Jones
>

> <LeonidasJo...@netscape.net> wrote:
> >Cory wrote:

> The eBay url right before the html appearing page loads is:https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?co_partnerid=2&siteid=0&Usin...

> The ebay url of the html appearing page is:http://www.ebay.com/
>
> I do appreciate your ongoing interest in this unique problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Cory

Same issue but URL is:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsingSSL=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D200192542610&pp=&pa2=&errmsg=&runame=&ruparams=&ruproduct=&sid=&favoritenav=&confirm=&ebxPageType=&existingEmail=&isCheckout=&migrateVisitor=&fromwl=

Leonidas Jones

Jan 16, 2008, 11:20:21 PM1/16/08

Clicked your link, got my login page, logged in, and saw the page. no
problem.

Have your tried FF in Safe Mode?

Lee

snowfla...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2008, 8:22:56 AM1/23/08
Hey Cory,

I just turned went to tools/options on my FF & unticked "enable
javascript" & "enable java"
and havent had any prolems on ebay since i did this!
Hope this helps you too.

Cheers
snowflake

Cory

Jan 24, 2008, 12:32:33 AM1/24/08
Hi Snowflake,

I tried your suggestions.
It appeared to almost work... but the following message popped up
"If you are seeing this page, your browser settings prevent you from
automaticaly re-directing to a new browser."

The only consistent work around I have found is an extension called
IE Tab available at http://ietab.mozdev.org/ described as..

"IE Tab, an extension from Taiwan, embeds Internet Explorer in a
Mozilla/Firefox tab.
This extension is derived from the famous extension IE View, but much
different.
While IE View always open IE-only pages in a seperate Internet
Explorer window, IE Tab can view them in a Mozilla/Firefox tab."

Thank you and everyone for their on-going suggestions.

Cory

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:22:56 -0800 (PST), snowfla...@gmail.com

aqua...@tpg.com.au

Mar 13, 2008, 2:16:09 AM3/13/08
but that add-on only works with Firefox BETA 3