Firefox can't print out an EasyJet boarding pass on one page

Maurice Batey

Sep 7, 2010, 2:10:03 PM9/7/10
Has anyone here had a problem getting a boarding pass printed out all
on one page?

When I try (with an EasyJet boarding pass), the last few lines of the
boarding pass spill over onto a 2nd (A4) page.

(But if I use Internet Explorer under WinXP, it succeeds in printing
the boarding pass on one page.)
--
/\/\aurice
(Retired in Surrey, UK) Registered Linux User #487649

Ron Hunter

Sep 7, 2010, 2:25:47 PM9/7/10
On 9/7/2010 1:10 PM, Maurice Batey wrote:
> Has anyone here had a problem getting a boarding pass printed out all
> on one page?
>
> When I try (with an EasyJet boarding pass), the last few lines of the
> boarding pass spill over onto a 2nd (A4) page.
>
> (But if I use Internet Explorer under WinXP, it succeeds in printing
> the boarding pass on one page.)

I have, in the past, had trouble with some from American Airlines, but
haven't had any trouble lately. Always use print preview and make sure
your page size, etc. is properly set.

responder

Sep 7, 2010, 2:35:56 PM9/7/10
I use Foxit reader as a PDF reader add-on and when you go to print from
the page, it automatically adjusts it for me and fits on page.

You can also adjust the % to fit the page.

Clunker

Sep 7, 2010, 7:38:06 PM9/7/10
You could always render the page in IE using IE Tab Plus - that may help

Maurice Batey

Sep 8, 2010, 9:01:41 AM9/8/10
On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:35:56 -0400, responder wrote:

> I use Foxit reader as a PDF reader add-on

How do you get PDF output from an airline boarding-pass page?!

--
/\/\aurice

Christoph Schmees

Sep 8, 2010, 12:07:14 PM9/8/10
Maurice Batey schrieb:

> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:35:56 -0400, responder wrote:
>
>> I use Foxit reader as a PDF reader add-on
>
> How do you get PDF output from an airline boarding-pass page?!

http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator

Christoph

--
email:
nurfuerspam -> gmx

Maurice Batey

Sep 8, 2010, 12:29:28 PM9/8/10
On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:35:56 -0400, responder wrote:

> I use Foxit reader as a PDF reader add-on

I tried the 'Print to PDF file' option, but the PDF readers I tried
(Adobe, Okular) both insisted on showing the output as 2 pages, and I
could find no way of persuading them otherwise.

--
/\/\aurice

Restorm

Sep 8, 2010, 1:07:38 PM9/8/10
On 9/7/2010 2:10 PM, Maurice Batey wrote:
> Has anyone here had a problem getting a boarding pass printed out all
> on one page?
>
> When I try (with an EasyJet boarding pass), the last few lines of the
> boarding pass spill over onto a 2nd (A4) page.
>
> (But if I use Internet Explorer under WinXP, it succeeds in printing
> the boarding pass on one page.)
Firefox has always had trouble printing pages that span tables across
more than one page. For some reason, the developers have always ignored
this deficiency. The only real "solution" is to switch to IE when you
encounter such pages.

Maurice Batey

Sep 8, 2010, 2:00:20 PM9/8/10
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 18:07:14 +0200, Christoph Schmees wrote:

> http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator

".. from any Windows application..."

I have no problem with Internet Explorer under WinXp, but I am a
Linux user (though with access to WinXP under VirtualBox).

Terry R.

Sep 8, 2010, 3:04:11 PM9/8/10
On 9/8/2010 11:00 AM On a whim, Maurice Batey pounded out on the keyboard

> On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 18:07:14 +0200, Christoph Schmees wrote:
>
>> http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator
>
> ".. from any Windows application..."
>
> I have no problem with Internet Explorer under WinXp, but I am a
> Linux user (though with access to WinXP under VirtualBox).

Then read here:
http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/61826

Terry R.

PeeGee

Sep 9, 2010, 2:32:34 AM9/9/10

Easyjet staff (at Gartwick) don't seem to worry if you "shrink" the page
and print the excess on the back!

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."

Maurice Batey

Sep 9, 2010, 11:16:50 AM9/9/10
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 07:32:34 +0100, PeeGee wrote:

> Easyjet staff (at Gartwick) don't seem to worry if you "shrink" the page
> and print the excess on the back!

That was Plan B, before I found Internet Explorer could do the job!

But I'm apprehensive about the flexibility of such things with the
likes of Ryanair & EasyJet...

--
/\/\aurice

Maurice Batey

Sep 9, 2010, 11:22:29 AM9/9/10
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:04:11 -0700, Terry R. wrote:

That's a lot of messing around for what to me is an infrequent
problem that I can readily solve by using IE under WinXP.

W.r.t. PDF, even if I select the EasyJet boarding pass 'Print to PDF'
option, both Adobe & Okular show a 2-page file from the resulting
output file (even if I try the 'scale' option under Page Layout;
seems to ignore it).

jul...@juliuspaintings.co.uk

Sep 3, 2014, 6:04:58 PM9/3/14
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
I am using Firefox on Mac (Mavericks).
Had same problem in Safari.
Every time I clicked on the check-in button I got redirected to the adobe reader page.

Now here's the thing.

My redirects are to a new tab and the original check-in page remains as before.
However the check-in page now has a pop-up which asks whether you want travel insurance.

In the past I used to ignore it.
Don't ignore it.
The travel insurance pop-up is the route to the check-in.

Click on the appropriate buttons and away you go.