DownThemAll, 403 error

Glorioso

Sep 23, 2006, 8:48:20 AM9/23/06
I get this error all the time in certain sites (ex: ign, teamxbox), is
there a way to fix this? Or any other download manager that can andle
this sites?

When i use the firefox download it stops a lot and i cant resume, i have
to download it again.

Nir

Sep 23, 2006, 9:04:35 AM9/23/06

Error 403 : Access Denied/Forbidden
can you provide any link that is causing this problem?

Glorioso

Sep 23, 2006, 9:24:18 AM9/23/06

Nir

Sep 23, 2006, 10:05:41 AM9/23/06

This problem can be fixed if you set 'Chunk number' to '1' (
Tools>Extension>Download ThemAll>Preference>Advanced )

it seems to me that this link doesn't support multipart download.
also it seems to me that It's a Bug of Download ThemAll extension
as it can't detect automatically that the link doesn't support
multipart download (my external downloader program and also
default Download manager of Firefox can save that file without any
problem. ) You should report it as a bug at
http://www.downthemall.net/index.php?page_id=5

Nir

Sep 23, 2006, 10:12:25 AM9/23/06

also 'enable diagnostic log' at Tools>Extension>Download
ThemAll>Preference>Privacy . It sometimes help you to solve this
extension related problem.

Glorioso

Sep 23, 2006, 10:23:56 AM9/23/06
I'll try, i've installed IDM and it's working

Glorioso

Sep 23, 2006, 2:25:16 PM9/23/06

With those changes i get "server error". IDM works fine.

Nir

Sep 23, 2006, 3:38:41 PM9/23/06

after making change restart firefox . everything works fine here.