password access to sbc.yahoo.com

Torrey

Jul 24, 2006, 12:40:37 PM7/24/06
just switched from att dial up to att (formerly sbc) yahoo dsl.

using fire fox to access my old att dial up account on the web at
www.att.net was no problem

however, fire fox will not let me access web mail at www.sbc.yahoo.com.

at sbc.yahoo.com login page I enter my email address and password but
am then put on treadmill of repeated re-confirm password prompts.

this can't be an sbc.yahoo.com problem, since my password works with
internet explorer.

any ideas how I can make fire fox do the same?

Shankar Unni

Jul 24, 2006, 4:05:13 PM7/24/06
Torrey wrote:

> at sbc.yahoo.com login page I enter my email address and password but
> am then put on treadmill of repeated re-confirm password prompts.

Looks like a damaged cookie.

Bring up the Cookies page under your Options.. (under Privacy), and View
Cookies. Try deleting any cookies oyu have for www.sbc.yahoo.com,
sbc.yahoo.com, and yahoo.com, and retry your login.

Also make sure that you haven't blocked cookies for any of these domains
(See what your "Allow sites to set Cookies" setting is, and look at the
Exceptions as well..)

torrey

Jul 24, 2006, 11:11:58 PM7/24/06

you know, I checked the blocked area a number of times but for some
reason I checked after you posting and bingo, there was yahoo.com blocked
(long time ago to keep yahoo out of my hair before I signed up for DSL
with them. all works fine now. thanks.