Windows error opening Internet shortcut or local HTML file - Firefox

Sharon

Nov 2, 2007, 2:34:20 AM11/2/07
Why is it that every time I update Firefox I get errors when I try to
open internet shortcuts? I found the fix some time back but I keep
having to apply it after every update. They need to find a permanent fix
for this bug. When I click on an internet shortcut after an update this
is the error message that I get.
"Windows cannot find <url or path to file>. Make sure you typed the name
correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start
button, and then click Search."
To correct this I have to go into My computer, Tools -> Folder Options
-> File Types and edit several of the extensions.

This has been going on for quite awhile now and I have to go through
this process for all three computers in our house. It is very annoying.

Message has been deleted