Firefox Popup Blocker

JayNTx

Feb 8, 2008, 12:51:20 PM2/8/08
Hello;

This is my first visit to this forum looking for help, so if my question is
one that's been answered previously, please forgive.

I have noticed that in recent weeks or the past couple of months, actually,
that EVERY DAY, the check box for Block Popups somehow become UNchecked and
I get all kinds of popups and popunders, especially at CNN.com and others.

Can anyone tell me why the box is getting UNchecked and how I can FIX that?

Thanks much!
Jay

EE

Feb 8, 2008, 12:59:04 PM2/8/08
You have security software which is messing around with the settings.
It could be McAfee.

David McRitchie

Feb 8, 2008, 1:24:37 PM2/8/08
?"EE" <nu...@bees.wax> wrote in message news:dvadnUY8Q_r1BTHa...@mozilla.org...

Or popup blocking software like Google toolbar.
Another possibility is that you have set the value in user.js
that you would have added yourself. The variable
is browser.popups.showPopupBlocker
which you can see in http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

--
HTH,
David McRitchie,

us...@domain.invalid

Feb 18, 2008, 3:25:16 PM2/18/08
I am also having an issue with the pop-up blocker. My problem is that I
have it turned off in FF and also in Norton Firewall, but after a while
on a few sites I start to get a message that Firefox has block a
requested pop-up window. I have even edited the allowed sites to include
those requests, but it still fails.. If I restart FF, everything is
agin fine for a while and it starts up again

relativ...@ntlworld.com

Feb 29, 2008, 5:32:13 PM2/29/08
I have exactly this same problem - its a real pain

<us...@domain.invalid> wrote in message

yilmaz durmaz

Feb 29, 2008, 6:05:15 PM2/29/08
this is really annoying. popup blocker is off but still FF blocks popups.
only if FF is restarted or i opened the site in a new tab closing the old
one.
FF should be fixed for this annoying bug.

<relativ...@ntlworld.com>, haber iletisinde sunlari
yazdi:CpidnRr3iOORFVXa...@mozilla.org...

Irwin Greenwald

Feb 29, 2008, 7:15:16 PM2/29/08

With FF closed, go to your FF profile[1] and *rename* the file
"localstore.rdf"[2]. Now start FF, set the check box and see if it holds.

[1]For Profile Locations see:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

[2] On windows systems profile files are hidden, so you need to use
Windows Explorer to "unhide" hidden files and folders

--
Irwin