Re: Handing off Style System module ownership to Cameron McCormack

L. David Baron

Jan 3, 2018, 4:58:24 PM1/3/18
to gover...@lists.mozilla.org, Cameron McCormack
I've edited https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Core to reflect this
change in the module owner for the style system.

-David

--
𝄞 L. David Baron http://dbaron.org/ 𝄂
𝄢 Mozilla https://www.mozilla.org/ 𝄂

Cameron McCormack

Jan 4, 2018, 4:22:37 AM1/4/18
to L. David Baron, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
On Thu, Jan 4, 2018, at 5:57 AM, L. David Baron wrote:
> I've edited https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Core to reflect this
> change in the module owner for the style system.

Thanks, David, for your stewardship of this module for the last 15 years!

https://web.archive.org/web/20020802105513/http://www.mozilla.org:80/owners.html

Jet Villegas

Jan 4, 2018, 7:29:09 AM1/4/18
to Cameron McCormack, L. David Baron, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
Congratulations, Cameron. Rewriting modules has the nice effect of
improving the bus factor when new contributors pick up the design and
implementation. Let’s carve deeper into the Layout engine!

—Jet

Daniel Glazman

Jan 21, 2018, 9:06:33 AM1/21/18
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
Le jeudi 4 janvier 2018 13:29:09 UTC+1, Jet Villegas a écrit :

> Congratulations, Cameron. Rewriting modules has the nice effect of
> improving the bus factor when new contributors pick up the design and
> implementation. Let’s carve deeper into the Layout engine!

If I believe Twitter, Cameron was laid off with the other 70% of
Mozilla Taiwan. Sorry but I don't understand, at all. I think I read
his contributions to Quantum were instrumental, and I've personally
witnessed in the CSS WG how instrumental Cameron is. And Cameron is the
Style System owner now. I urge Mozilla to hire him again, whatever the
solution. Hire him remotely, contract with him, whatever; just do it for
the sake of the new Style engine. Thanks.

</Daniel>