Content Security module update

sids...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2015, 10:54:38 AM7/9/15
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Governance!

We have done a bunch of work in dom to unify and reorganize our content security features into reasonable code locations. As a result, SRI and CORS have moved over to /dom/security. I plan to update the Content Security module[0] to reflect this and these features' drivers, François Marier and Jonas Sicking, will be joining the module as peers to help us maintain this code.

In addition, you probably also noticed that Safe Browsing (which is mostly orthogonal to the rest of the DOM security features) will be moved out of the Content Security module[1] and into a new URL Classifier module. As a result, GCP has asked me to remove him from the Content Security ownership list once that new module is created.

Please let me know if you have any concerns about these changes (they should most likely make our content security code more awesomer)!

-Sid

[0] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Core#Content_Security
[1] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.governance/OkbgogLSv-Q/H074N6Kv4m4J