Policy for people with a disability

David Weir

Sep 10, 2013, 5:34:44 PM9/10/13
to gover...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi their do you have a equal ops policy at mozilla if not can we get one if
possible

Matt Brubeck

Sep 10, 2013, 7:25:55 PM9/10/13
to David Weir
On 9/10/2013 2:34 PM, David Weir wrote:
> Hi their do you have a equal ops policy at mozilla if not can we get one if
> possible

The closest thing we have is the Mozilla Community Participation
Guidelines, which do not mention disability specifically but say:

"The Mozilla Project welcomes and encourages participation by everyone.
It doesn’t matter how you identify yourself or how others perceive you:
we welcome you. We welcome contributions from everyone as long as they
interact constructively with our community, including, but not limited
to people of varied age, culture, ethnicity, gender, gender-identity,
language, race, sexual orientation, geographical location and religious
views. Mozilla-based activities should be inclusive and should support
such diversity."

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/policies/participation/

There are also guidelines for how Mozilla builds technology that is
accessible for people with disabilities. The Proposed Accessibility
Strategy is not an official policy, but it is relevant here. You can
find it and other information about the Mozilla accessibility community
on this page:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility

Mozilla also includes several entities (like the Mozilla Corporation)
that hire people to work on Mozilla projects. I believe these entities
have equal employment opportunity policies, but I don't know where to
find them.

Ed Morley

Sep 11, 2013, 5:05:46 AM9/11/13
to Matt Brubeck, mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org, David Weir
On 11 September 2013 00:25:55, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> Mozilla also includes several entities (like the Mozilla Corporation)
> that hire people to work on Mozilla projects. I believe these
> entities have equal employment opportunity policies, but I don't know
> where to find them.

There is also:
https://intranet.mozilla.org/Equal_Employment_Opportunity_Summary
(I can't find a non-intranet copy of them, not sure if a direct
copy/paste would be permitted.. ideally we'd get this mirrored
somewhere public too)

Best wishes,

Ed

Gervase Markham

Sep 11, 2013, 5:08:07 AM9/11/13
to David Weir
On 10/09/13 22:34, David Weir wrote:
> Hi their do you have a equal ops policy at mozilla if not can we get one if
> possible

What specific problem are you trying to solve or address?

Gerv

david....@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2013, 11:27:03 AM10/8/13
On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 22:34:44 UTC+1, David Weir wrote:
> Hi their do you have a equal ops policy at mozilla if not can we get one if
>
> possible

for ed can you possible https://intranet.mozilla.org/Equal_Employment_Opportunity_Summary make that a open discussion policy

Matt Brubeck

Oct 8, 2013, 12:50:08 PM10/8/13
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
On 10/8/2013 8:27 AM, david....@gmail.com wrote:
> for ed can you possible https://intranet.mozilla.org/Equal_Employment_Opportunity_Summary make that a open discussion policy

For the record, that page says:

"Each person shall enjoy the benefits of employment decisions that are
free of discrimination on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition,
mental or physical disability, ancestry, veteran status, or any other
category protected under the law."

Since that policy is about Mozilla Corporation employment practices, any
comments on it should probably go to the legal and HR departments.