Module proposal: Firefox Telemetry

Benjamin Smedberg

Jul 13, 2016, 2:23:59 PM7/13/16
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org, aplac...@mozilla.com, kpar...@mozilla.com, gfrit...@mozilla.com
I would like to propose a code module "Firefox Telemetry" which covers the
core infrastructure in the Firefox client to send back telemetry and FHR
data. This will include the common mechanism to submit histograms and the
telemetry environment as well as custom pings.

This does *not* include responsibility for every piece of submitted
telemetry data. Each team is responsible for their own histogram, scalar,
and other ping submissions.

Georg Fritzsche has been de-facto owner of this code, with Alessio
Placitelli as peer, for more than a year.

I intend to make this official in the first week of August unless I hear
objections.

--BDS

Gregory Szorc

Jul 13, 2016, 3:24:05 PM7/13/16
to Benjamin Smedberg, Katie Parlante, Alessio Placitelli, mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org, Georg Fritzsche
On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Benjamin Smedberg <benj...@smedbergs.us>
wrote:
The Telemetry code has been around since May 2011. Module creation is long
overdue and I can't think of any objections to creating a code module.

I would suggest just creating the module at the end of this week - I like
moving fast.