Editor module proposal

Masayuki Nakano

Aug 2, 2016, 11:02:34 PM8/2/16
to gover...@lists.mozilla.org, Brian Birtles, Ehsan Akhgari, Jorg K, Aryeh Gregor, Jet Villegas
Hello,

Ehsan Akhgari, he is still registered as an "Owner(s) Emeritus" of
editor, has stepped down from the editor module owner:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/GKZX7CrUbnY

Currently, I usually review editor's patch, although, I'm not working on
editor module so hard.

And I and Jet-san discussed the ownership of editor module in
MozillaJapan office (perhaps, in this spring). The conclusion of the
discussion is, I should be the module owner and review coming patches.

So, I'd like to suggest to change the module owner table
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Core#Editor> like:

Name: Editor
Owner: Masayuki Nakano
Source Dir(s): editor/, dom/html/nsTextEditorState.*
Bugzilla Component(s): Core::Editor
Discussion Group: dev-platform

It might be better to add Aryer Gregor and/or Jorg K as a peer, though.
But I'm not sure what they think.

With this change, Ehsan doesn't need to redirect the reviews to me
manually ;-)

--
Masayuki Nakano <masa...@d-toybox.com>
Manager, Internationalization, Mozilla Japan.

Jet Villegas

Aug 2, 2016, 11:23:21 PM8/2/16
to Masayuki Nakano, Brian Birtles, Ehsan Akhgari, Jorg K, gover...@lists.mozilla.org, Aryeh Gregor
masayuki++

\o/

I suggest we defer the decision re: peers until you're officially listed as
the Owner (and can make those decisions officially.)

--Jet

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Masayuki Nakano <masa...@d-toybox.com>

Eric Shepherd (Sheppy)

Aug 2, 2016, 11:33:40 PM8/2/16
to Masayuki Nakano, j...@mozilla.com, Brian Birtles, Ehsan Akhgari, Jorg K, gover...@lists.mozilla.org, Aryeh Gregor
+1 and huzzah!

--
Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer

Johnny Stenback

Aug 3, 2016, 6:39:46 PM8/3/16
to Eric Shepherd (Sheppy), Brian Birtles, Ehsan Akhgari, Jet Villegas, Jorg K, Aryeh Gregor, Masayuki Nakano, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
+1

- jst

Aryeh Gregor

Aug 6, 2016, 3:01:28 PM8/6/16
to Masayuki Nakano, Brian Birtles, Ehsan Akhgari, Jorg K, gover...@lists.mozilla.org, Jet Villegas
On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Masayuki Nakano <masa...@d-toybox.com> wrote:
> It might be better to add Aryer Gregor and/or Jorg K as a peer, though. But I'm not sure what they think.

I could probably review some patches if you want me to. I'm not
available to review patches the large majority of the year, but I
disable review requests on Bugzilla when I'm away, so people should be
able to figure out how to direct them (although I don't know if
MozReview knows about the disabling?). I'll definitely have to
forward some reviews to you or ask questions about them, though. So
if you want to list me as a peer I guess I'd be okay with it.

Masayuki Nakano

Aug 15, 2016, 4:28:00 AM8/15/16
to gover...@lists.mozilla.org, Brian Birtles, Ehsan Akhgari, Jorg K, Aryeh Gregor, Jet Villegas
Thank you very much, everyone!

I now updated the wiki page as:

Owner: Masayuki Nakano
Peer: Aryeh Gregor

On 2016/08/03 12:01, Masayuki Nakano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ehsan Akhgari, he is still registered as an "Owner(s) Emeritus" of
> editor, has stepped down from the editor module owner:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/GKZX7CrUbnY
>

> Currently, I usually review editor's patch, although, I'm not working on
> editor module so hard.
>
> And I and Jet-san discussed the ownership of editor module in
> MozillaJapan office (perhaps, in this spring). The conclusion of the
> discussion is, I should be the module owner and review coming patches.
>
> So, I'd like to suggest to change the module owner table
> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Core#Editor> like:
>
> Name: Editor
> Owner: Masayuki Nakano
> Source Dir(s): editor/, dom/html/nsTextEditorState.*
> Bugzilla Component(s): Core::Editor
> Discussion Group: dev-platform
>
> It might be better to add Aryer Gregor and/or Jorg K as a peer, though.
> But I'm not sure what they think.

Ehsan Akhgari

Aug 15, 2016, 10:51:57 AM8/15/16
to Masayuki Nakano, gover...@lists.mozilla.org, Brian Birtles, Jorg K, Aryeh Gregor, Jet Villegas