Change of owners for the Thunderbird and Mailnews Core Modules

Mark Banner

Jan 30, 2015, 8:15:42 AM1/30/15
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi All,

David Bienvenu and myself are the current owners for the Thunderbird and
Mailnews Core modules.

David moved on from Thunderbird a few years ago, and hasn't been very
active. I have spoken to him and he's agreed its time for a change of
ownership, although he still wishes to remain as a peer.

I am currently transitioning away from my current Thunderbird activities
as Thunderbird has moved out my focus area. I'll still remain as a peer
for now.

We are therefore handing of the ownership role to new people.

For Thunderbird, Magnus Melin will be taking on the module ownership.
Magnus has been a community member and contributor to Thunderbird for a
long time, I think as long or longer than I've been involved.

For Mailnews Core, Joshua Cranmer is taking on the ownership. Joshua has
been very active over the last few years, helping improve the build
system, rewriting parts of the mime code in javascript and lots of other
improvements.

Congratulations to both of them.

Regards
Mark.