Proposal -- New Owner of Commit Access Policy

Mitchell Baker

Oct 25, 2016, 2:04:19 AM10/25/16
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, Mike Connor
In August I wrote noting that I'm currently the owner of the Commit
Access Policy module and that this should change. A discussion ensured
about the range of issues we should now consider given decentralized
version control, and that even a "firefox commit access" policy needs to
deal with code of different provenances. Many thanks to Gregory Szorc
for raising the range of topics a modern policy should consider.

Mike Conner provided a set of suggestions and has shown a good degree of
thoughtfulness about how to reorganize our commit access practices /
policies.

I'm proposing Mike Conner own this module for the next phase and drive
some thinking and modernization, after consultation with dcamp and jst.
My gratitude to Mike for agreeing to take this on.

I'll leave this open for a few days for any suggestions, comments about
a week I'll make the change formal on the module page.

Mitchell

Mitchell Baker

Oct 25, 2016, 9:31:15 AM10/25/16
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, Mike Connor